Epic 17 day Transatlantic

pryd

This will be my first cruise on NCL and I have a few questions. The cruise 4/27/14 was booked as a 17 day cruise but it will actually be 3 cruises in one. The 11 day transatlantic and 2, 3 day cruises. My first question is will I have to go through customs 3 times or just once when I finally disembark in Italy? And since I have the same cabin will I have to pack and unpack if I have to go through customs several times?

Next is the entertainment, is this free or is there a price for the shows? Next to last question has to do with dining. What is your experiences at the for fee dining rooms, is the wait time usually long or reasonable. Oh I will be cruising SOLO, so will that affect the wait time.

Last question is also about dining. Since I am traveling SOLO I will want a large table not a small table is this a problem at the for fee restaurants or MDR's.

Thanks

I don't know about the B2B,

but on the dining...

the solo coordinator gets groups together every evening, to dine together. Meet at the solo lounge. which is open from 5-6ish for everyone. Vianey was our coordinator in April 2013 for the transatlantic. She alternates between the two restaurants, even dining with us.

For the pay restaurants, you can dine by yourself, or put up a message on the boards in the solo lounge and dine with others.

As far as entertainment, almost all was free, except Cirque, I believe.

You have to try the Ice bar...Real COOL!

I ate at the Sushi 2x, and Moderno's once...well worth the extra.

Don't forget to try the chicken pot pie at O'sheehans, really good.

\have fun.

Welcome! Please join our rollcall for the Transatlantic sector here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1765802

All the three Med countries you'll be visiting (Spain, France and Italy) are members of the European Union, so you will need to clear only one time custom. Most likely at your final disembarkation at Civitavecchia, when you bring all your luggages off the ship.

As you keep the same cabin, you don't have to pack and unpack. Just leave your cabin as is. NCL will give specific instruction on how you can go ashore (and back) in Barcelona. You will need to change your sea pass card two times for the two 3 days cruise.

Enjoy!

All the three Med countries you'll be visiting (Spain, France and Italy) are members of the European Union, so you will need to clear only one time custom. Most likely at your final disembarkation at Civitavecchia, when you bring all your luggages off the ship.

Actually one goes through immigration and customs when entering the Schengen area, meaning the first port - just like in US. There is no border control after passing the outer border because of the free mobility of persons and goods inside EU.

Actually one goes through immigration and customs when entering the Schengen area, meaning the first port - just like in US. There is no border control after passing the outer border because of the free mobility of persons and goods inside EU.

This is true.

Also, if you booked the 17 day as one 17 day cruise, you'll have only one sea pass. Check the disembark date on it.

Maybe it's just a difference from RCI but I've noticed NCL has a lot of cruises with multiple embarkation cities and disembarkation point making various options for basically the same cruise. Almost like taking the train - same run but multiple ticketing options. I think only a termination point where everyone has to get off (even briefly) would mark the back-to-back point if taking the next cruise. There are people on our TA next May booked (I believe) from New Oeleans through to Copenhagen as 17 nights whereas we are boarding at Miami for the 14 night option - then the folks continuing on the Baltic cruise are truly a B2B. Actually some are on the Panama Canal cruise prior to New Orleans for a B2B2B with the Baltic part after the TA.

Thank you for all the information. I am a Carnival junkie and this will be my first NCL so all the advice is appreciated.

I will sign up for the roll call also

PS this cruise is my retirement gift to myself. 30 years of work... now I get to do what I want to do and not what I have to do. YEAH

Archived