carnival dining question

dcu

Wondering if all carnival cruises are the same in the buffet area. We sailed on the pride in June and liked the ship very much. However, compared to several other ships, we felt the buffet area was not passenger friendly. The lines for the sandwiches and pizza were very long each day. We did not find any small cafe to get a small sandwich or cup of coffee, as an alternative. Is this standard on most ships? Does anyone know if the Dream or Glory have other options? I see the new breeze and sunshine have many alternatives, but not clear about other ships. Thanks for advice!

Wondering if all carnival cruises are the same in the buffet area. We sailed on the pride in June and liked the ship very much. However, compared to several other ships, we felt the buffet area was not passenger friendly. The lines for the sandwiches and pizza were very long each day. We did not find any small cafe to get a small sandwich or cup of coffee, as an alternative. Is this standard on most ships? Does anyone know if the Dream or Glory have other options? I see the new breeze and sunshine have many alternatives, but not clear about other ships. Thanks for advice!

Good questions. The Glory has gotten the 2.0 upgrades which has many of the options you have seen on the Breeze reviews. Dream not so much.

As mentioned, the lines at Guy's Burgers moved very quickly. In addition, the Glory has the Blue Iguana Cantina and Fish and Chips. There was virtually no lines at the Blue Iguana Cantina; perhaps, it was the time we went there. The Fish and Chips line did get longer as the days went by; it is on the 10th floor, so I don't think a lot of people know about it on the first day.

The buffet layout is different on each class of ship.

All ships have 24 hour pizza, a deli, a grill of some sort and an extra fee sweets and coffee bar.

Some ships also have free mongolian wok, tandoori grill, fish and chips and C-side BBQ.

On some of the 2.0 ships and the newer Magic and Breeze there is an Italian Specialty restaurant that is free at lunch and $12 for dinner. Plus for a fee they serve Pub Grub in the Red Frog, and Sushi at Bonsai Sushi.

As mentioned, the lines at Guy's Burgers moved very quickly. In addition, the Glory has the Blue Iguana Cantina and Fish and Chips. There was virtually no lines at the Blue Iguana Cantina; perhaps, it was the time we went there. The Fish and Chips line did get longer as the days went by; it is on the 10th floor, so I don't think a lot of people know about it on the first day.

Fish & Chips is an especially a good place to go for lunch on embarkation day to miss the crowded buffet! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Although we have cruised on Carnival Pride 5 times, DH and I still get turned around and mixed up in that poorly-laid-out Mermaid Grille! It repeats on both sides (except for the pizza staion and the deli), and it gets confusing, not knowing where you are in the circular layout. Every other ship we have ever been on had a better layout to its buffet than Carnival Pride! Don't worry, they are not all as bad as Pride.;)

As others have said, on Glory, the Fish & Chips station, above the regular bufet, is a nice alternative.

I've been on both those ships. The lines may be somewhat long, but move fast. The food is defiantly worth the wait! On the Dream there's many options to choose from, some not as busy as others. If you go for one of the popular food stations you'd have a little long wait, but try something like the Pasta Bar or another exotic food bar and the lines should be shorter. Also there's small cafe's( pay extra), that you could try. The main dining rooms are also open for lunch, so you could go to them. Don't worry you'll have an enjoyable dining experience and love the food! :)

Archived