New York Embarking Questions

Watermanfunari

HI, I have left from New York before, but on NCL. (it was very different from FLL and Miami). My question is,

How good or bad is Princess embarking in NY?

Is there any where to sit and wait, or are you standing the whole time? (I was in the Handi-cap line and we all had to stand for hours, unless we had a wheel chair. But we did get on 1st or after the suite people got on).

What time is a good time to get there? (We got there for NCL at 11AM and people were still getting off and the police would not let the driver drop us off, we had to go across a road and walk a block.)

We are only embarking in NY we sail one way to San Juan.

Anything you can tell me about NY port would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue :D

It wasn't too bad the time we did it, but we were on a smaller ship (Royal Princess) and were the only ship in port that day. We spent a little time outside standing in line, but no more than 20 minutes. I don't recall that there was any seating inside the terminal, in fact, it was rather barren as I recall.

The worst part for us on getting to our cruise from NYC was sitting in traffic. We could see the ship a few blocks away, but the cab took another 10 minutes to get there. Once we were out of the cab, embarkation wasn't bad. We were on the ship in 45 minutes.

I agree with geoherb.... took us 1/2 hour to get there from our hotel 10 minutes away...we were on the Grand last fall they must of had 30+ stations, took our bags at the dock and we were in our cabin within a 1/2hour.

I think princess buses were unloading at the same time but no problem.

Archived