Balcony room question

Pappion

Currently booked on the Pearl in room 9022 (fwd) but after reading on here people say you can feel the waves a bit more in the front. We've only sailed in midship cabins, and never a balcony. So would it be wise to switch to a midship balcony? It would be around $50 total price difference to do so.

DH isn't bothered by rough seas, but I tend to get green when they happen.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Well......it is true that the front of the ship does tend to pitch up and down more than the rest of the ship if seas are creating ship motion. So a mid ship cabin should tend to have less movement. However, between 9022 and a mid ship balcony I personally don't think there would be a super noticeable difference. But for only $50, why not.....if any motion does affect you.

A little wave doesn't bother me, it's when it gets really choppy that I end up wanting to toss my cookies. Although maybe having access to fresh air will make a difference too. Like I said, our first balcony so I really don't know what to expect, other than to never want in inside room again. :o

A little wave doesn't bother me, it's when it gets really choppy that I end up wanting to toss my cookies. Although maybe having access to fresh air will make a difference too. Like I said, our first balcony so I really don't know what to expect, other than to never want in inside room again. :o

I cannot imagine you not loving your balcony. Congratulations. And....fresh air, looking out at the ocean, all should go a long way to keeping you more comfortable.

We've been on the AFT, in the middle and the last room before the bridge in the front of the boat. I've never been bothered by the motion or felt it more in one room than in another. If you want to upgrade to a middle room, it's nice to be near things. Dad has issues walking long distances so he like to be in the middle so it's an easy walk down to the Blue Lagoon for breakfast ;)

Just be aware of what's below you if you move but stay on deck 9. We were a couple doors from the central elevators, one floor above the atrium and could hear the music from the atrium. I would've gladly traded motion for quiet.

I didn't even think of that.

Agree with other posters -- also make sure to EAT something before sailing and nibble on things throughout cruise. Saltines are good for queasy stomach. Sit on your balcony and stare at the horizon to avoid dizziness.

Also agree about cabin location -- mid-ship or just a little back from it -- avoid the front third of any deck... Don't book on the top cabin deck; too much motion up there --

To avoid all seasick/dizzy problems from the get-go, try Bonine (OTC meclizine) -- little pink pills in a small blue box at any drugstore. It's great and doesn't make most people tired at all. Just take one tablet (chewable) about an hour before ship sails from embarkation port.

Each subsequent morning, if ship is sailing and not in port when you are just waking up, take another tablet and you're good for the whole day. Wait a few minutes before exiting the bed. But again, make sure to eat even if you feel a little unsteady. That's where room service comes in handy.

You should be FINE and once you've taken a Bonine, you're good to go --- I'm betting you won't need to take more than one or two the whole trip.

Currently booked on the Pearl in room 9022 (fwd) but after reading on here people say you can feel the waves a bit more in the front. We've only sailed in midship cabins, and never a balcony. So would it be wise to switch to a midship balcony? It would be around $50 total price difference to do so.

DH isn't bothered by rough seas, but I tend to get green when they happen.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have been in the same area on the Sun, which is smaller and it was just fine...

Archived