Easiest Way to/from Capri

Dave85

Hi everyone -- we've got a full day stop on Celebrity Silhouette in Naples and are wondering what the easiest / most financially responsible way to get to/from Capri, which is what my SO wants to do. I've been to Capri once before but it was a while ago and on a ship tour and I really don't remember much about it except that is necessitated a boat ride to get there.

Hope some of our Italy Ports experts here can help me out, thanks in advance! :)

The most easiest way is to simply catch a ferry. There are several posts on here regarding such. The ferry ticket counter is an easy 5 minute walk from the ship's dock. Here is a link to the ferries' schedule. http://www.capri.net/en/ferry-schedule The website also offers suggestions on what to do while there. Enjoy!

Since Capri is an island with no bridge connecting it to the mainland, the only way to get there is by boat. :D

As already stated, the ferries leave from a dock that is next to the ones used by the cruise ships. Depending on where your ship docks, it could be a 5-15 minute walk to the ferry.

Ferries leave regularly throughout the day, but more frequently in the morning.

It couldn't be much easier!

Next to where the cruise boats dock in Naples is the ferry departure quay. You can take a Hydrofoil 45mins or a slower regular ferry twice as long to Capri. In Capri you arrive at Marina Grande . From here you can take the small local bus up to Capri or the funicular . Trips to the Grotto Azura also leave from Marina Grande. From Capri village you can also take a local bus along the worlds most spectacular coastal road to the delightful Anacapri. (30 minutes). Anacapri is a lovely village with great views and restaurants, and a chairlift to the highest point on Capri .

Next to where the cruise boats dock in Naples is the ferry departure quay. You can take a Hydrofoil 45mins or a slower regular ferry twice as long to Capri. In Capri you arrive at Marina Grande . From here you can take the small local bus up to Capri or the funicular . Trips to the Grotto Azura also leave from Marina Grande. From Capri village you can also take a local bus along the worlds most spectacular coastal road to the delightful Anacapri. (30 minutes). Anacapri is a lovely village with great views and restaurants, and a chairlift to the highest point on Capri .

Sounds wonderful! Obviously I'm going to check this out, but off the top of your head is there a huge price difference between the hydrofoil or the slower regular ferry?

Sounds wonderful! Obviously I'm going to check this out, but off the top of your head is there a huge price difference between the hydrofoil or the slower regular ferry?

If you look at the link provided in post #2 above, the prices are given for both ferries and hydrofoils.

If you look at the link provided in post #2 above, the prices are given for both ferries and hydrofoils.

Oh wow, definitely worth the price difference to take the hydrofoil. Not much at all. Thanks!

Archived