Acapulco with Tours by Van?

TexEm

Has anyone done an Acapulco tour with Tours by Van recently? The latest thread here ended in April and most posts were long before that. We'll be going to Acapulco on Regatta in early December and are having problems finding much info on Ports of Call about it.

Thanks!

Very few ships still stop in Acapulco (I didn't think any) any more. You may not get a response to your request for "recent" information from cruise passengers.

TripAdvisor has their entry for Your by Van at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150787-d1725053-Reviews-Tour_by_Van-Acapulco_Pacific_Coast.html

Granted it's been a few years but we were part of a group that spent an entire day with Rudy and saw/experienced everything that we asked for. There is good reason that Tour by Van is the #1 rated activity for Acapulco.

Enjoy!

It has been three years since we toured with Rudy but I can't imagine that anything would change with him. We, along with the others from our ship in the van, thoroughly enjoyed our day with him. Like the other poster mentioned - check the Trip Advisor reviews (I just did) and you'll see that people are still very happy with him.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I've been on Trip Advisor and he's well-rated--just wondered if anyone from CruiseCritic had used him recently. Have been in touch with him by email and am impressed with his reply and the detailed information it contained.

Were there any places you saw that you wouldn't miss? I've been to Acapulco on a cruise before and saw the fort, the cliff divers, and walked around town, but my husband hasn't been there before. Did you go to the Sea Turtle Rescue Center?

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

We did a wonderful tour with Rosie. Safe, good driver, nice cool van, good english, great stops, plenty of beer, soda, water. Do a search here or look her up on TripAdvisor. She and her crew of about 6 drivers were waiting for us just outside the gate. Easy to find, look for rose colored shirts and white pants. You can also book at the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have toured with Rudy at Tour By Van and we have many friends who have also toured with him. He's very professional, his van was in great shape, the AC was cold, he had a cooler full of drinks for us, he knew the city like the back of his hand, etc. I wouldn't use anyone but him, when we return to Acapulco. He's wonderful!

As far as the comment about the spam emails.....I don't know what has happened with that particular person but I have never received any unsolicited email from Rudy, or anyone at his email address. Rudy is extremely professional and would never send emails that weren't wanted.

Feel comfortable booking with Rudy. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

Thanks, gumballz! We booked a tour with Rudy and are looking forward to it. We were impressed that he anticipated our every question. His website is very thorough. Sadly, he is already leading another tour himself but spoke highly of his other guides.

As far as the comment about the spam emails.....I don't know what has happened with that particular person but I have never received any unsolicited email from Rudy, or anyone at his email address. Rudy is extremely professional and would never send emails that weren't wanted.

I have had the same email problem with Rudy. I have asked Rudy several times (politely) to please remove me from his email lists. He continues to fog me with unwanted emails. He sends emails in English and also sends them in Spanish and will not stop sending them.

I have had the same email problem with Rudy. I have asked Rudy several times (politely) to please remove me from his email lists. He continues to fog me with unwanted emails. He sends emails in English and also sends them in Spanish and will not stop sending them.

I have not had this problem with Rudy either as far as emails or spamming.

Tex

Not sure when your cruise is but Rudy is an excellent guide and tourbyvan has consistently gotten good reviews on TA and by some of the regulars on the forums as well. He is one of a few that I would give excellent marks too.

Archived