Just booked...now to lose the blub...

I have until March of 2014 to fit back into my bikinis and clothes. I had a baby a few months back and it is harder and harder to lose this stuff! Now I have a bit more motivation with an upcoming cruise, but nursing doesn't allow me to cut calories back too far. I'm doing the WW program, which is great, but it is still a process. Anyone in a similar "ship"? (Oh, how I crack myself up)

• 1 month later...

Hi Liz,

I've got a cruise booked for December 2013 and I am aiming for 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. I am just eating smaller portions and walking two to three times a day for 40+ minutes.

I'll be your diet cruise budddy if you want.

I am a part of two other message groups on here but never can have too much support :) Done WW four times before but now I am just doing my own thing which is working. Down 14lbs in the last two months. Training for a 5k run in three weeks.

Ughh. I. Can't. Stop. Eating. Mini chocolate covered donuts.:mad:

Need cruise inspiration to get me back on track.

Going to look at skinny dresses.

Had a rough day also. Got some stressful news about my DS x-rays this morning so I have not ate the best today. I did get up or my bike ride this morning. Fighting with myself about getting up tomorrow. Eating bad = bad run in the morning after. Maybe I will do the same tomorrow and go to the mall.

Sorry to hear about your son, Cruisingfor5.

I managed to get back on track today. Went for a walk at lunchtime. I think the exercise helps as much as cutting back on the food.

I kept all my weight watchers booklets so I just keep track of the points on my own. The meetings do help but since I know the program its only a matter of keeping track of what I eat.

• 4 weeks later...

I've managed to stay on track for two weeks. Stepped on the scale and I am down 5 pounds. Woo Hoo!

At this rate (2 lbs a week) I should be down an additional 24 pounds by the time the cruise rolls around.

So I've put a curb on purchasing clothing because I don't want to make it okay to stay at this weight. In other words I don't want to buy big stuff. Plus I figure some of my tight stuff that I already own will be fitting better.

Keep it up ladies. We can get there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a rough two weeks but I've managed to stay on track. There are so many things to tempt me but I keep thinking about fitting into smaller clothes including my bathing suit.

I've lost a couple more pounds for a total of 11 as of this morning. Only 20 more to go by Christmas.

I pack my lunch and take it everywhere I go. We have a big extended family dinner planned for tomorrow and I already know there is nothing I can eat. I grilled some fish and will have salad to go with it. Dessert will be some 2% fage plain greek yogurt. I love raw vegetables like celery, cucumbers and broccoli so I will pack some of those to chew on while others are enjoying chips etcetera.

I've discovered that salt is not my friend. So I just stay away from anything salty or processed.

I made a pinterest board with lots of inspirational pictures of beautiful women, beautiful beaches and outfits that I would like to wear. :)

I have been MIA and eating and sitting on my butt.LOL. But glad to hear how well you have been doing candycaramel. Canadian Thanksgiving was this weekend and I ate really bad. Heading to a hockey tournament on Friday also which usually is one big party. Trying to get myself back on track. Did go for a walk tonight but still ate stuff I shouldn't have today. Love your weight loss bar at the bottom. Must put that on mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in the same 'ship' as you! haha DH and I just booked for January 2014. I am not happy with the weight I gained over the summer. I was thinking of doing the Beachbody Challenge that way DH and I can do it together. Not to mention having the extra cash to possibly win would be great so we can do a bunch of excursions! How has WW been working for you? I was thinking of doing that too.

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Alexandria and I am a WW'er. I have my first cruise in May 2015 and would like to lose 35# AND be tone by the time I sail.

I know I can do this as I lost 50# back in 2009 in under a year but without the toning while I lost. I'm hoping that by doing both from the beginning I will have greater success at keeping it off.

My husband also has weight to lose, about 30# but I don't know how committed he is to having it off by cruise time. It makes it hard to be doing it 'alone' but I did it once I can do it again!

I look forward to chatting and losing weight with you!

Booked a cruise for May 2014.. i want to be able to fit into my old clothes.. I joined WW today.. Going to my meeeting tomorrow .. Ive been up and down in my weight in the last 10 years.. low as 190 and high as 296

Right now i am about 272.. id like to hit 225-230 mark by Mid May.. I dont really like paying WW money but its the only way i stay accountable.. I quit my membership at good life and bought a nice Elipcal Trainer and have a nice bike already so I should be all set :).. probably not too many guys on here :o .. My DW joined WW with me so at least we are doing this together again

Edited by trev71