Can I make a noon flight at FLL from POM?

JEBSON

We sail on Liberty Thanksgiving week. We arrive in Miami on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Is it feasible to book a flight out of FLL leaving at noon (boarding at 11:30)? I know there are many variables in this equation but I would like to hear from those who have tried it.

Thank you.

Shouldn't be a problem. FLL is not a HUGE airport by any means. We just got off the Breeze in April, and booked a 5pm flight, because we wanted nonstop. We used self debark and were sitting at the airport before 9:30.

It was a loooooooooooooooong day...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good luck, but again, i don't think it's an issue.

I did it...here's the snip it from my review from January Breeze cruise.

Debarkation: Our ship docked in the port of Miami but we had a return flight home booked out of Ft. Lauderdale airport (because we were able to get a direct, cheap flight). The flight departed at 10:55am so we knew we would need to debark as soon as possible. The information provided to us stated the earliest debark of self-assist would begin at 7:00am once the ship was cleared by customs. As a result, we ensured that we were ready to leave our cabin by 6:30am. Shortly after, we left our room and started to make our way to Deck 3. As soon as they opened the line we were literally the first self-assist guests to exit the ship. First in our customs line, and before we knew it we were off the ship at approximately 7:15am. As soon as we exited the terminal we were approached by someone coordinating independent shuttles to the airports. Once we had a group together to go to Ft. Lauderdale (10 per van) we headed out – it only cost us $20 per person for the shuttle. Approximately 30-40 minutes later we arrived at the airport. There were reasonable lines to check into our flight/check bags and then the security lines. We were settled in seats near our gates & I was buying us coffee & donuts at Dunkin well before 8:30am. We had plenty of time to spare. A little prudent planning and you’re able to take the earlier flights (even though people all over the message boards advise against it time & time again).

I've made an 11:30am flight at FLL after sailing from Miami.

It was close and I was very stressed.

I wouldn't do it again and especially not on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

But...if you can be among the first off the ship I suppose it can be done. I'm guessing the airport will be horrible though.

We sail on Liberty Thanksgiving week. We arrive in Miami on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Is it feasible to book a flight out of FLL leaving at noon (boarding at 11:30)? I know there are many variables in this equation but I would like to hear from those who have tried it.

Thank you.

It's doable, BUT...

...Thanksgiving Saturday? Yikes might be a crazy mob scene.

Is FTTF available? I think you get early off debark with FTTF and that would help.

Archived