Intercontinental Miami hotel

mikel24m

I thought I had read that on a thread

I did chat and the girl I had chatted with gave me her phone number and ext. and it was still $130 plus taxes

thats because you asked for the hotel by name. You needed to ask for a better price on the blind hotel.

You can often get a discount mostly only if the hotel is over $99 unless you join their club.

sorry if I confused you.

Hooters is on the water over at Bayside.. I walked over and sat so I could watch the bay/ocean while I ate my happy hour boness wings and fries for $5.99

I like regular better but they cost more.

As I post .. I am loyal to my pocket book and cut corners where I can to cruise more often.

thats because you asked for the hotel by name. You needed to ask for a better price on the blind hotel.

You can often get a discount mostly only if the hotel is over $99 unless you join their club.

sorry if I confused you.

Hooters is on the water over at Bayside.. I walked over and sat so I could watch the bay/ocean while I ate my happy hour boness wings and fries for $5.99

I like regular better but they cost more.

As I post .. I am loyal to my pocket book and cut corners where I can to cruise more often.

You didn't confuse me I was already confused :)

Took the plunge and bid on Priceline. I held my breath hoping it would NOT be the Hyatt. I got the IC!! :D Needless to say, I canceled my existing reservation. Thanks guys!!!

How much cheaper was priceline

I should have called last minute travel and just booked the 5 star blind hotel and like others have said it would have been a little cheaper than I paid

I still feel like I got a nice price though

How much cheaper was priceline

I should have called last minute travel and just booked the 5 star blind hotel and like others have said it would have been a little cheaper than I paid

I still feel like I got a nice price though

Can't you cancel your LMT reservation if you needed to? I thought it was 3 days prior to arrival for cancelations.

Can't you cancel your LMT reservation if you needed to? I thought it was 3 days prior to arrival for cancelations.

I think I did read you can cancel.I may check out priceline and see if its worth it to cancel and re book

For our last cruise in August 2012 we booked the IC through LMT and then they dropped the price a few weeks later. We called and they canceled our old reservation and re-booked at the lower price. :)

For our last cruise in August 2012 we booked the IC through LMT and then they dropped the price a few weeks later. We called and they canceled our old reservation and re-booked at the lower price. :)

Did you book the blind hotel or did you ask for IC

I have too many things to research and watch :)

Did you book the blind hotel or did you ask for IC

I have too many things to research and watch :)

I originally booked the IC online at the stated price of $130. A couple of weeks later they dropped the price listed online to $115. I called the 888 number and asked what the best price was on the IC and they knocked $15 off to $100 and cancelled the original booking of $130. I told them exactly what I wanted. :)

I know you were hoping not to stay at the Hyatt, but my sister and I got a pre-cruise room there for $52 two years ago. The Hyatt folks always make me happy. Okay, they don't offer to wipe your butt like the IC people, bur service is still good. It's a little further from the port, but still easy walking distance to nice eateries.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know you were hoping not to stay at the Hyatt, but my sister and I got a pre-cruise room there for $52 two years ago. The Hyatt folks always make me happy. Okay, they don't offer to wipe your butt like the IC people, bur service is still good. It's a little further from the port, but still easy walking distance to nice eateries.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wasn't not hoping to stay at the Hyatt (never even looked at the hotel) I just go by what I read on here and everyone seems to like the IC.I like to give good advice and ask for some sometimes and usually cruise critic people will try to help and give honest opinions

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmmm......... I just tried LMT online for Feb. 22 for one night and got $246. If I call them will my rate go down much? Any other suggestions on how to get a lower rate? Tks!

Usually get the IC for $197.00 per night in Feb. Even if it is not listed just call them, sometimes they have a couple of rooms available .

Joanne

I've booked this hotel and have been offered an upgrade to the Club floor for $60. Can someone tell me what you get for the extra $$$? Trying to work out if it's worth it!

:thumbup::thumbdown::confused::thumbup::thumbdown::confused:

I've booked this hotel and have been offered an upgrade to the Club floor for $60. Can someone tell me what you get for the extra $$$? Trying to work out if it's worth it!

:thumbup::thumbdown::confused::thumbup::thumbdown::confused:

Club level includes:

Spacious luxurious guest rooms with contemporary amenities and decor offering access to the Club InterContinental® Lounge on the 29th floor. Complimentary services and amenities include Continental Breakfast, beverages throughout the day and Hors d'Oeuvres in the evening hours, high speed internet and health club privileges.

Evening hrs are great! Free alcohol drinks (beer, wine, hard etc... and appetizers. I think it was from 5pm-8pm ??? could be off on the time.

Joanne

Club level includes:

Spacious luxurious guest rooms with contemporary amenities and decor offering access to the Club InterContinental® Lounge on the 29th floor. Complimentary services and amenities include Continental Breakfast, beverages throughout the day and Hors d'Oeuvres in the evening hours, high speed internet and health club privileges.

Evening hrs are great! Free alcohol drinks (beer, wine, hard etc... and appetizers. I think it was from 5pm-8pm ??? could be off on the time.

Joanne

This sounds really nice!!!

I just looked and the price for our trip is still @$195 plus taxes/fees

I still think we got a great deal @$128 taxes/fees included from LMT

Thanks for all the info. We have 2 stays booked one before our Imagination cruise and one before our Breeze cruise. Might go for it before the Breeze would definitely be worth it then.

Are spirits included during the happy hour 6pm - 8pm? I'm a vino drinker so I'm happy but my fiancé is rather partial to a wee vodka or rum now and then!

:beer::thumbup::confused::beer::confused::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

This sounds really nice!!!

I just looked and the price for our trip is still @$195 plus taxes/fees

I still think we got a great deal @$128 taxes/fees included from LMT

$128.00 very good!

Club lounge is great! Free drinks and apps, can't go wrong!

Joanne

Thanks for all the info. We have 2 stays booked one before our Imagination cruise and one before our Breeze cruise. Might go for it before the Breeze would definitely be worth it then.

Are spirits included during the happy hour 6pm - 8pm? I'm a vino drinker so I'm happy but my fiancé is rather partial to a wee vodka or rum now and then!

:beer::thumbup::confused::beer::confused::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

They have a full stocked bar! You will need you club room key to enter the lounge. They have someone there supervising. The lounge is not for all guest.

Joanne

We have this hotel booked for the night before our cruise on breeze Feb. 9. We stayed in an IHG hotel in new orleans last year and was supposed to stay 4 days post cruise. We booked over 6 months ahead only to return from our cruise to find they sold our rooms to a convention. Long story short we came home early and I spent the next 3 months or so firing off lettersto corporate and the bbb. I only managed to get them to give us 60, 000 points on our priority card but it is enough we got the intercontinental for 30, 000 points and $40. Enough left to stay a day after we return. Hoping for an upgrade but just happy to stay there.

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami the night before our cruise in September. It was excellent, and as usual, the service was outstanding. I paid $88 by bidding on Priceline.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami the night before our cruise in September. It was excellent, and as usual, the service was outstanding. I paid $88 by bidding on Priceline.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

We loved it as well ,so close to Bayside to grab some food or drinks and a water taxi. Not sure if this is the norm but they checked us in at about 10am, we were just going to drop our luggage wander around and I thought why not see if we could check in and they checked us right in

That's a great price for such a nice hotel

Archived