Questions about the Barbie package

Has anyone done this? Is it as cute as it looks online or is it really a waste of time and money? Is there a good amount of kids that do it on the cruise, or will there be only a few other kids in the activities. She would love it so much more if there were a lot of other kids participating.

My sister in law wants to do this for her 5 year old, she's suddenly obsessed with Barbie. :D

The RCI website says:

This exclusive package is now available on all our ships. Reserve the Barbie Premium Experience for just $349 per child on sailings 5 nights or longer.*

Am I right in assuming that the $349 is in addition to the regular cruise fare for the 5 year old? My sister in law thinks that's the full cost of both the cruise and the Barbie package for the 5 year old, and I don't see how that's possible.

Just a thought but you might find something on the family board that will help you with your research. I know several people have posted earlier asking about the Barbie program but I don't remember seeing anyone reviewing it.

Personally, my kids are all grown and I think $349 is an anwful lot of money to spend on Barbie.

Watch that video. You get entire Barbie bedding, a new doll, clothes, a tea party, tiara, clothes, fashion show, decorating. Id pay.

Why dont they have something for boys, like LEGO camp or Ninja?

Wow, it's $349 extra for the Barbie experience. Do they give you a gold tiera to take home. IMHO that it a lot of money. Yikes, so glad I have boys. LOL

Watch that video. You get entire Barbie bedding, a new doll, clothes, a tea party, tiara, clothes, fashion show, decorating. Id pay.

Why dont they have something for boys, like LEGO camp or Ninja?

If they had Lego Camp my boys would be sooo interested. However, I would never in a million years pay over $300 for that either. I guess if money was no object and I had it to burn I would think of it. LOL :p

Here's what I posted about it back in May on the Family Board:

Hi there,

I wanted to give you some information on the Royal Caribbean Barbie Premium Experience as it's pretty new and I didn't find much information on it prior to booking our five night on the Jewel of the Seas last week.

First off, it sounds great online and it better for $349. We specifically booked this cruise as a reward for our daughter as it was long enough to have the full experience (under five night cruises don't get the whole package but pay a discounted price). We are Diamond level cruisers with plenty of experience under our belts. Even our six year old qualifies on her own as a Diamond.

Upon getting to our stateroom there was no in-room decoration as was supposed to be there. We didn't worry too much as we know sometimes they get busy or behind. By dinner time though with nothing mentioned or put up we checked at guest relations. The first person we spoke to had no clue what I was even talking about and went to get a supervisor who told him it would be done soon, no worries.

After dinner, still nothing. Waited till the next day and went back to GR. This time I was told that they weren't doing it on the ship. I showed them the paper that says they were and that I had already paid the $349. They said again they would check and get back to me. Later on I had a message on my phone that because of lack of signups (less than five on the ship) they would not be doing the program.

This was pretty heartbreaking for my daughter who had packed specific things the website said to bring for the fashion show and tea party!!! It was also unacceptable that there was no notice and they wouldn't have told us anything had I not brought it up? Especially when we had paid!

After another day they ended up decorating the room to 'try and make things right', but my daughter was pretty upset by cancelling all of the other activities. The room decor was nice and totally RCCL/Barbie Exclusive. Not cookie cutter stuff which was nice.

We're really torn now as she wants to do this experience and we'll be on the Allure in October, but I don't want to sign up again only to have it cancelled and make her sad! I know Allure should have more kids, but I wonder what their true cutoff is to do the program?

Anyways, here's a link to what it should be: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/static...agename=barbie

I'm here if you have any other questions!

Archived