J.D. Power cruise industry survey

Cruise-A-Hoy

From July 8 issue of Travel Weekly

J.D. Power cruise industry survey

By Tom Stieghorst

Research firm J.D. Power & Associates, known for gauging customer satisfaction regarding everything from automobiles to airlines, has produced its first report on the cruise industry.

The report contains useful data for travel agents about how consumers find cruises, pick brands and evaluate ships.

Seven cruise lines were rated in the categories of service, stateroom, food, embark/debark, entertainment, cost and excursions.

Among the lines rated, respondents gave Disney Cruise Line the highest marks and gave Carnival Cruise Lines the lowest.

With an index score of 871 out of a possible 1,000, Disney ranked “among the best” in all seven categories. It scored especially well for entertainment and food, J.D. Power said.

Next came Royal Caribbean International, scoring 838, and Holland America Line at 835. Both were cited for good service, but the latter was rated “about average” for entertainment, cost and excursions.

Celebrity Cruises (828) and Princess Cruises (826) were virtually tied, with Celebrity ranking “better than most” for food, cost and staterooms, while Princess got “better than most” in the embark/debark and stateroom categories but drew the lowest score, “the rest,” for its excursions.

Two lines fell below the report’s average index score of 824. Norwegian Cruise Line scored 817 and was judged “better than most” only for its embark/debark process.

Carnival’s (810) strongest marks of “about average” came in entertainment, cost and excursions.

The report is based on responses from 3,003 customers who traveled on a cruise line in the past 12 months and who answered questions during the first two weeks of June.

Come on non paid NCL champions, c'mon boy... go get it!!!!!

We'll that's preposterous, I cruised on NCL since the real Vikings were in control.....

I was on the Norway, when the French owned it... I'm going to sue. someone call Al Sharpton, I am outraged!!!!!!

I think J.D. Powers is racist.... we shall march on Miami....

I'LL see if I can get you some reparations :p

J.D. Powers takes advertising money just like all the rest :cool:

Archived