Coco Reef Resort or Elbow Beach Resort

HAD

Hi!

Interested in a day pass to one of the resorts in Bermuda and it appears Coco Reef and Elbow Beach both have options.

Any opinions on which one would be better? Traveling with kids (ages 8 and 10) and mostly interested in using beach, towels, chairs, umbrellas, etc. on the property to make it a fun but relaxing experience.

Thanks!

Hi!

Interested in a day pass to one of the resorts in Bermuda and it appears Coco Reef and Elbow Beach both have options.

Any opinions on which one would be better? Traveling with kids (ages 8 and 10) and mostly interested in using beach, towels, chairs, umbrellas, etc. on the property to make it a fun but relaxing experience.

Thanks!

.....I was just going to start the same exact thread (without the little kids of course ;))

wasiii

We just did the day at elbow beach and it was wonderful. However, make sure you arrange it ahead of time because we saw people get turned away. Our passes were free through Marriott rewards but I believe it was 65 per person to use the elbow beach resort beach. It was fantastic. Btw we took the bus there and it was super easy ( but hot)

Thanks so much! Can you give more details about using Marriott Rewards to go there? We have a Marriott credit card and lots of reward points. For the $65, what does that get you? Can you use their pools for that fee?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just returned from Bermuda (on a cruise) and we did day passes at Coco Reef. For $49 per person you have access to loungers and umbrellas at both a nice pool and the beach below. Plus a fantastic lunch including a glass of wine. We liked it so much the first day, we did it again the second day! We were not charged for my 8 year old son, but we did have to pay for his lunch (which was like $12)

As it is getting popular with the cruise crowd, do contact them ahead.

Vince Angelo is the General Manager and was very reaponsive to my inquiries.

VAngelo@CocoReef.bm

We were on the June 9th sailing to Bermuda. My dh and I and 2 people from our roll call got a day pass to Coco Reef and really enjoyed it..We had loungers with umbrellas...a beach...maybe 4 other people there...pool..dressing rooms..lunch and a beer or glass of wine..very nice and the people that work there are so nice...we shared a cab back and forth with the other 2 people from our roll call..I think it was like $20 per couple each way...so easy and the cab driver gave us his number and we called him when we were finished and he came back and brought us back to the ship..Great day...Have fun...

As far as I was told when I contacted Elbow Beach Resort, they do not offer a day pass to use their facilities, they will however rent you a cabana at the cost of $500 for the day which entitles you to use their pool and private beach, a fridge full of water and some fruit bowls.

The deal for $65 is to rent chairs and umbrellas on the public part of Elbow beach, which is a ridiculous price considering it is $22 for a chair and umbrella at Horseshoe Bay.

We also were in Bermuda on the June 9th sailing on the Summit and pre-reserved day passes at Coco Reef. We did it on the Thurs in port and it was the best day we had. Well worth the $49 pp. Chairs, umbrellas, free Wi-Fi, their private beach, lunch and a glass of wine included, best deal on the whole island. Their pool was lovely and a welcome change from the cruise ship pool. We went by cab, with tip $40 each way, so if you can share or have other people with you its much better then the bus.

The day we spent there was gorgeous and surprisingly, there were few people at the pool. One elderly couple, 2 younger couples with small boys each, and two women on vacation together. Everyone was very friendly and we all shared stories of our travels.

Our cab driver was unable to come back for us, so he told us to just go to the desk and they would be nice enough to call a cab for us, which they did with a smile. Great day....any future trips to Bermuda will certainly include another visit to Coco Reef.

.....for the Cabana and Chair Rental.

Cabana

POOlsidE sPA CABAnAs

Experience the ultimate in comfort and relaxation in one of our five poolside spa cabanas located at

the Eastern end of our free-form temperature-controlled swimming pool. The cabanas offer a multitude

of amenities for comfort. Poolside attendants will cater to your every need. Our spa cabanas are large

enough to accommodate up to six people and have all the amenities you could need for a day of

fun in the sun. The cabanas are equipped with wireless internet and a flat screen television with over

200 channels of high definition cable for when you’ve had enough of the bright Bermuda sunshine.

Additionally, guests can experience a variety of spa treatments in the privacy of their cabana.

POOlsidE sPA CABAnA

Private Poolside spa Cabanas accommodating up to six guests

Ample supply of large pool towels, sun block and magazines

Complimentary water and sodas available in well-stocked mini fridge

Food and Beverage service from the Poolside Blue Point Restaurant

Flat screen Television with 200 Channels of High definition Cable, Telephone, Personal Music

system and Wireless internet Access

Video and board games can be arranged upon request

Full bathroom with shower and safe in cabana

spa Cabana Treatment Menu available for private in cabana treatments upon request

Access to hotel’s private beach and amenities

Poolside Spa Cabana experience is available for $495 per day from 10am to 5pm.

The Spa at Elbow Beach Bermuda

60 south shore Road, Paget Parish, Bermuda PG 04

Telephone +1 (441) 239 8900 Facsimile +1 (441) 236 8043 mandarinoriental.com

Public Beach

Elbow Beach Public Beach Amenities

Experience the ultimate in luxury and relaxation on the public side of Elbow

Beach this summer. Elbow Beach is now offering rentals for visitors to enjoy the

pink sand and turquoise waters in extra comfort. You will receive two lounge

chairs with an umbrella, along with two beach towels and bottled water.

Advanced Booking for Premium Seating - $65 per day

For advanced bookings and more information, please contact The Spa at Elbow

Beach at +1 (441) 239 8900 or ebbda-spa@mohg.com.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

Thanks for the great feedback!

Interesting note from Wasiii on Elbow Beach. The concierge didn't say anything about the pass putting us on the public side of the beach. (She did say it was $65 per couple and would include use of lounges, towels, umbrellas.) I also received info on Cabana rentals, which started at $300 and went up from there.

The reviews for the hotel/resort seemed to be a mix bag, so started to worry about the place. Originally attracted to it because it was a Mandarin Oriental property.

I think I'm sold on Coco Reef based on the comments here. :)

Can't wait - sending off email now! :)

We just cane back as I stated and our day passes were not for the public part of the beach. Our Marriott rewards allowed us access to the elbow beach resort beach and loungers ( we received four lounges, towels, and two umbrellas. We also received four complimentary drinks and usage of the resort pool. The lady in front if us paid $65 to use the same lounges. We booked our cruise through Marriott as my parents have multiple time shares and that's how we got our deal. We also then ate at mickeys restaurant on the water. Pricey but lovely. But so great not too be on the public beach.

This must be something new offered by Elbow Beach resort as this was not available when I inquired about a day pass back in May for a June cruise.

I was told at that time that they only had cabanas available for a day rental and did not have any type of day passes for non hotel guests at their resort.

The lady who answered my email did tell me that the public beach had rentals at $65 for chairs and umbrellas.

Actually, I wrote back to her to thank her for her time and information and told her about the great deal offered at the Coco Reef. She even said..wow, can't pass that up, I will have to tell others about that deal and was friendly enough to tell me to stop by Elbow Beach resort and say hi!

Maybe from people inquiring and hearing about the great deal next door, Elbow Beach resort decided to offer something similar?

My DH and I have prearranged for a day at coco reef. I understand cab is pretty expensive. How can we get there via bus or ferry? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can get to Coco Reef Resort from the Dockyard on an inbound route #7 bus which also serves most South Shore beaches too.

SBtS

We will be visiting both on our late August cruise and will report back.... Assuming the days we have booked are beach days.

We are planning on taking the Ferry and then a cab from Hamilton.

.....although we'll be arriving on the Breakaway!

:)

wasiii

• 2 weeks later...