What time is debarkation on Jewel in San Juan, PR?

I am sailing Jewel of the Seas on August and wondering what time we can actually get off of the ship. I know it pulls in around 6 am, however, clearing customs can be hectic. What is a reasonable time that passengers can usually disembark? I am trying to set up activities for the day in San Juan since we are staying overnight. There is a zipline tour that would pick up from the pier if we could be off by 8:20 but my gut says that's pushing it.

Any thoughts?

That might be pushing it. We were scheduled to disembark around 8:30 and even though they had called our number, when we got down to the area to disembark there was a huge line and the employees told us there was a problem with customs. We didn't have to wait too much longer but all of the numbers before us were also waiting.

Can you self-disembark (carry off your own luggage)? We were off at 6:30am and at the airport at 7:15am. We had a 1pm flight, but was easily able to get onto (standby) the 9:45 am flight

They had announced our ship was clear to disembark. But them something changed and noboby was allowed off until after 8:30. Probably not the norm as I am usually off the ship much earlier. We were shocked that they had called numbers to get off but not let anyone off. We were not in a big hurry because our flight wasn't until around noon.

Archived