Southeast Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia

DesertPesce7751

We were on a one week tour with Grand Circle Travel. Sorry I can't help.

When we were there with Princess we had already booked the Grand Circle tour, so we just took the shuttle to Yangon and walked around.

How much did the one week run you for a couple? I'm pricing out next summer :) I looked at google images of Burma, beautiful.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It has been a few years and was part of a larger tour. I think it was about 700 or 800 per person. 3 nights Yangon, 2 nites Bagan and 2 in Mandalay. Include meals and internal flights, all sightseeing. It was an optional pretrip for a SE Asia trip.

In my view, Burma is best done as a river trip on the Irrawaddy. Plenty of options available. We did it on a Pandaw vessel.

DesertP - the other countries you mention need careful planning and have different wet and dry seasons.

We have been to all. We have stayed in one or more nights in all but Malaysia. We loved them all, but our favorite is the one you did not list - Myanmar.

Hi Paul, We will be in Myanmar overnight on a HAL cruise in Feb. What was your favorite thing to do? Did you use local guides?

I am going to butcher the name because I am too lazy to look it up, but the Shwedgon Temple is fascinating. Also the market. I think it is Cook''s Market, but now has a Burmese name. If you shop for t-shirts, etc, be sure to try things on. Their sizes are much smaller than ours.

We were in Myanmar for a week on a land tour as well as overnighting on the Ocean Princess. We had a guide provided for the land tour, but don't remember the name. When we were there, there was no internet or ATMs.

• 1 month later...

Have been last january on a landtour in Myanmar. Now everything is more expensive there than nearly 2 years ago. Azamara stays in Yangon for 3 nights I think?

My favorite was Inle Lake and Bagan, very very beautifull. The markets are absolutly great, all the colours, the traditional clothes etc etc, one of our best experience. The people very friendly, dont need to talk about politik, they will ask you anyway when they stay with you for a couple of days.

SO whenever you have a chance, take en inland flight and see the country. Some place are imposible to see, village with dif. clanes living there and nobody can get there.

We took a lot of toys and clothes for the children and my god how much fun we had.

Archived