Best place to park car at New Orleans port?

got2shop

We just got back on Saturday. We parked at the port. Left Monday got off Saturday -- paid 80 bucks. There were some other places but were only a dollar or two a day cheaper. Parking in NOLA port was very easy, drive up drop off bags and walk into terminal....was just as easy getting off. Once we were off the ship we were on the road in about 20 minutes.

Ive parked across the street at fulton before. $12 per day and shuttle. (its across the street but you cant walk thru the convention center, you have to walk around so they shuttle you).

I have a booking for one person at the quality inn and suites this saturday in westbank for $129 which includes shuttle and breakfast. Its $139 for two people. Each person in the room it goes up as they add some for the free shuttle both ways.

We just got back on Saturday. We parked at the port. Left Monday got off Saturday -- paid 80 bucks. There were some other places but were only a dollar or two a day cheaper. Parking in NOLA port was very easy, drive up drop off bags and walk into terminal....was just as easy getting off. Once we were off the ship we were on the road in about 20 minutes.

This is what we do to. And it's why we do it. Worth any extra for the convince.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you are staying overnight some of the hotels will let you park there for the week, that is what we did (free or discounted) and some do have shuttles. We stayed at the Ambassador and walked to the terminal, if you have a lot of luggage you might want a taxi.

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/travel-professionals/cruises/pre-post-commisonable-packages/

We always stay at Quality Inn in Gretna La. You can leave you're car there with park and cruise package. For me it's not worth paying extra money to park at the port just to save 30 to 40 min, which is about what it takes to get to or from the motel.

We used them last year & plan to use them again this year. You can park there, they take you to your hotel, pick you up in the morning & take you to the port & pick you up when you return. It was around 100 last year, this year it's going to be a bit more as we will have 8 people instead of 2. Higher than Fulton, but you don't have to park anywhere before hand, which costs too & they shuttle ya. Really, it equals out to about the same as parking somewhere for the night then parking somewhere else for the cruise....

We always stay at Quality Inn in Gretna La. You can leave you're car there with park and cruise package. For me it's not worth paying extra money to park at the port just to save 30 to 40 min, which is about what it takes to get to or from the motel.

Just what I said ..except I said it was West Bank area .. same quality inn. City is Gretna.

Just what I said ..except I said it was West Bank area .. same quality inn. City is Gretna.

Yes I know, we went over this once before. Some people might want the name of the city though. And I'm just voicing my opinion.

I park at Fulton Garage, but I book thru Ariport Parking. Here is the current code for $5 off the total. TRGY6

It is $8 a day, so if you are on a 7 day cruise that is only $51 http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_new_orleans_parking_rooftop_port_of_new_orleans

It says roof top parking, but when I arrive they just tell me to park where ever I want. They provide a free shuttle to and from the port. Very easy. They even had a guy on a golf cart take my luggage from my car to the shuttle bus. They load and unload everything.

Yes I know, we went over this once before. Some people might want the name of the city though. And I'm just voicing my opinion.

??? I was agreeing with you. You sound like its a argument.

Just stating for the OPs benefit its the same thing.

You took my post wrong, sorry. I AGREED with you is all I was saying.

PS I was clarifying it for the OPs benefit .. not for yours. I knew you knew.

We used to take advantage of hotels with parking and a shuttle or would park at a cheaper offsite lot, but the last 2 times we had unpleasant experiences in catching a shuttle after debarking. Both times it turned into a survival of the fittest type thing where everyone rushed the shuttles without regard to those who where ahead of them.

We just suck it up and pay to park at the port now.

??? I was agreeing with you. You sound like its a argument.

Just stating for the OPs benefit its the same thing.

You took my post wrong, sorry. I AGREED with you is all I was saying.

O ok, maybe I did take it wrong, if so my apologies.

Archived