planning time on Labadee

ParkerIngle

Trying to figure out things for our day on Labadee. A few questions:

1) For the zip line, slide, water park, and coaster - is it necessary to sign up in advance, locking into particular times, or can we wait and just show up at those activities when we'd like? We'd rather not lock ourselves into a time schedule - but will if we need to to avoid super long lines or if they could fully booked in advance.

2) If we start our day on one beach (Columbus Cove, for example) - and then want to switch to the Zip line beach area for the afternoon - will all chairs be taken?

3) do the usual "don't be a chair hog" courtesies of the ship's pool chairs apply at the beach - or can we set up w/ some chairs for the day, even as we do things like lunch and the slide?

Thanks!

Have not used any of the attractions on Labadee the times I have been there but can tell you about your other questions.

You can wander around Labadee about any way you want to. There are usually lounges available all around the island. Or you can just set up your encampment for the day and wander the beaches. You can leave your towels on the lounges but don't leave any valuables if you leave the area. The temptation is too much for some people.

Hope someone else can answer your question about the attractions. I know I have read here on CC that if you don't have a specific time to be at one, sometimes there is no time available to just show up and get on but as I said, I have never used them.

Trying to figure out things for our day on Labadee. A few questions:

1) For the zip line, slide, water park, and coaster - is it necessary to sign up in advance, locking into particular times, or can we wait and just show up at those activities when we'd like? We'd rather not lock ourselves into a time schedule - but will if we need to to avoid super long lines or if they could fully booked in advance.

The water slide is a waste of money, and better book the coaster before you sail. Water park should be booked so you get your time that you want.

2) If we start our day on one beach (Columbus Cove, for example) - and then want to switch to the Zip line beach area for the afternoon - will all chairs be taken? No, you will be amazed at the number of loungers.

3) do the usual "don't be a chair hog" courtesies of the ship's pool chairs apply at the beach - or can we set up w/ some chairs for the day, even as we do things like lunch and the slide?

Whatever you set up will not be bothered there is alot of room

Thanks!

Enjoy

We did

Sea Ya

FWIW, our friends on a recent Allure sailing booked a mid-day zipline for 2 that day on the island, as well as the roller coaster. It was not an issue at all. But if you want a certain time I would book in advance.

Yes, you can wander around and should find enough open space. The most crowded beach seemed to be Nellie's but those crowds cleared out after lunch.

Thanks for all your help - I can't wait. One more question - I know you can't swim on Adrenaline beach - but will they let you wade in and splash yourself to cool off or are you not allowed to get in even a little bit? (which sounds kinda hot). Thanks - I want to hang on that beach while the rest of family Zips overhead.

Of course you can go in to cool down.

Very rocky

I walked over to the water as I watched my DD and DH play volleyball there under the zip line. It was HOT!!! It was maybe about 50 yards away from the volleyball net.

The water is crystal clear, you can see the rock formations, just avoid them.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

Barefoot Beach is the suite restricted beach. Both Nellies Beach and Columbus Cove have calm water. I have only been in the water at Nellies Beach and I know that sand is like powdered sugar under your feet, very soft. Did not enter the water at Columbus Cove so I can't help you with that one.

Does anyone know if there is a Diamond and up beach area there?? Its been awhile since we were last there.

Thanks

I don't believe there is. Barefoot is for any Suite Guest (Grand Suite and above I believe) no matter the C&A level. I've never heard of any other distinction regarding the beaches.

We just came back from Labadee. I wasn't sure what time my family would get going and arrive at the beach, so I didn't want to book anything until I knew. We walked all the way to Columbus Cove where the water toys are. It is past all of the other beaches. There is a counter where you can use your sea pass card to pay for the water toys. The line was constant and when I finally got up there to sign up, I could see why. The employee was getting pulled in different directions and not just paying attention to the customer in front of him. If you want to avoid the line, you can book the water park in your room on your TV. I am not sure what the cutoff point is. You can ask someone at the excursion desk on board.

Archived