Please help with picking an excursion

Lynnster

I'm going to book through carnival and was looking at 3 of them. My only thing that will help is there time to shop in port before boarding the ship. Please give me some advice and thanks for any information in advance.

1) passion island on the catamaran

2) all-inclusive chankanaab

3) playa Mia beach

Thanks,

Lynn

We were in port 7 AM -

5 PM. The excursion was 11 AM - 4 PM.

We didn't have time to shop after our Passion Island excursion.

There were several hours before the excursion when we could have shopped at the terminal shops ... but we didn't.

Your time in port and for the excursion could be totally different ....

We loved Passion Island! :D

LuLu

~~~~

We have done the deluxe playa mia beach break twice and will be doing it again in December. It is an awesome time if you want to just enjoy a beach day. It includes all you can eat and drink which is a nice plus and the beach activities they offer are amazing.

Been to Coz twice, near the ship is hell, tons of people, shops, hawkers, touristy chain bars etc...

Both times we haggled a taxi driver, both times we had hime take us to his favorite street vender for food, then a store to buy beer, both went into our collapsible cooler. Then we had him drop us off on the wild side of the island and we walked the beaches for hours with a pre arranged pick up spot. Last time, besides cars going by where the beach and road was close, we saw only 3 folks and 1 dog over several hours. And had a great picnic while scouring the beaches in remote spots.

The thing to remember this is your vacation and whatever you do, make it your day, have fun....if its just adults do what you want now.. in case kids come later on. They are all good trips. When I want to relax and swim/snorkel see Mexico for it's beauty then I go to Chankanaab or beach-snorkel excursion, if we want to party a little more, we do one of the others...any place can get a little crowded at times...so many options, you'll just have to keep coming back ;)

My perfect day in Cozumel is walking off the ship, going through the shop city, getting to the road, turn left, go three blocks, and spend the day at El Cid. A day pass for 18.00 gets you a 10 food voucher, hot tub, pool, small beach and great snorkeling, fun in the sun includes umbrella for those of us who cook in the sun. Great view-ships are to your left, and you decide when you want to go back and shop. They have a web site, check them out, the kids are less expensive, it's not all inclusive, but it included enough for us.:)

Archived