Office-friendly treats from Bermuda?

SaintedMother

Hi all -

At my work, we tend to bring back treats to share from our travels - I'm sucking on some candy from a colleague's recent jaunt to PEI as I type.

Any suggestions for office-friendly edibles I could bring back from Bermuda? I suppose I could do rum cake, but I'm not sure how that would go over. ;)

Thanks!

If you go to Hamilton, hit up Miles Market. Just ask for directions at the ferry terminal - it's not much of a walk. How about some English Cadbury cookies? English Cadbury is different than American Cadbury. Bermuda honey another possibility? Teas not available in the US?

Hi all -

At my work, we tend to bring back treats to share from our travels - I'm sucking on some candy from a colleague's recent jaunt to PEI as I type.

Any suggestions for office-friendly edibles I could bring back from Bermuda? I suppose I could do rum cake, but I'm not sure how that would go over. ;)

Thanks!

Gotta do the Rum Cake!!! Get it inside the shops close to dockside by the ships!

Mark's and Spencer (in Hamilton) has my favourite selection of treats. It is a British department store that we used to have in Canada and now when I go to Bermuda I just have to stop there to pick up crisps (type of potato chips) and cookies and candies and lots of other treats. I would check that out if I were you.

Mark's and Spencer (in Hamilton) has my favourite selection of treats. It is a British department store that we used to have in Canada and now when I go to Bermuda I just have to stop there to pick up crisps (type of potato chips) and cookies and candies and lots of other treats. I would check that out if I were you.

I second the Mark's and Spencer idea I am going in later September and will be shopping there, My office was by one of the Toronto branches and we missed it so much when it closed down!

YES! The Rumcakes! Everyone will love them, or get tipsy :D

Buy as many as you can carry.

I went to buy more online, but the shipping was twice the cost of each cake $40.00 per cake confused:

They even have a Fruitcake Rum Cake for the holidays.

I am researching on how to affordably ship some home...

Y'all are very convincing - think there may be some rum cakes in my future! :p

Last year when I was in Bermuda I did pick up a sampler pack of the rum cakes at the dockyard. There were six different cakes in the package but they were about the size of a cupcake each, so not real big, so everyone gets a taste of each variety and that is about it. I believe they were $36 for the six of them. I always bring back treats for the office when I travel and I usually just stop at a local grocery store to pick up some local hard candies to bring back. You get a more local feel and they are not usually priced for the tourist trade like some of the other places. Last year I stopped at a small grocery in St George's and picked up several different types of the local sweets to bring back. Everything is somewhat pricey in Bermuda because everything is shipped in. If I recall correctly, most of the candies were made in Great Britain. Happy Treat Hunting.

I will definitely go to Mark's & Spencer - I love bringing home special treats for friends and family.

Possibly all of us Rum Cake lovers jumped on the bandwagon too fast......

Bermuda Rum Cakes are the ultimate Rum Cake, but they are STEEPED IN RUM!

You can smell the rum from across the room for a long time when you open them.

Possibly, the OP needs to consider their office environment and fellow employees before serving one of these marvelous cakes in the office. :D

Archived