Whatever happened to derek lewis?

We also love Derek's music (have his shirt and CD). We were on Navigator about 6 months ago, and the performer in the Pub was terrible, just the opposite to Derek's show that we would catch every night.

Every time we passed the pub, it was less than half-full (sometimes near-empty) ... a far cry from the overflow crowds Derek draws. We wouldn't consider sitting down and ordering drinks at that venue now, but we've bought rounds for folks near us (as they have for us) ... and we didn't even know each other before we sat down. That's the kind of vibe that Derek generates. There is no other entertainer that would compel us to stop by every night. I lost count of the Del Sol Color-Changing Rings we have (valued at far less than one thousand dollars), as well as the t-shirts and CD's. He makes an otherwise wonderful cruise truly memorable.

I wonder if Royal Caribbean is aware of how much revenue it's losing by not having Derek aboard ... I'm sure they have an inkling from the take on Rhapsody, which by the way is leaving the Alaska/Australia itineraries.

Right now, however, his primary concern is his mother ... we wish her well.

Edited by jewopaho

The Liberty comes to Galveston November 2015. Hopefully their pub is smoke free and Derek will consider coming back to Texas. The pub was always jammed every night as well standing room only on the promenade. I can't imagine why RCCL wouldn't want him back. We want you back in Texas Derek. We all need new recording contracts and those expensive rings!!! C'mon down y'all to Galveston again!

Sorry to learn of Derek's mothers issues & wish them all the best.

We have been lucky to have done 3 cruises where he entertained us. Most recently we sailed B2B with him on Rhapsody to Alaska & Hawaii. Each night the Scooner bar was packed & a great time was had by all.

Derek got off in Honolulu for a break. We continued on Rhaposdy home to Sydney. The entertainer, a piano player who's name I don't recall, in the Schooner bar for that trip was nothing like Derek and the bar was almost deserted most nights. Our friendly waiter Jose was not selling too many drinks, well, compared to the previous 18 nights, and was looking forward to Derek's return in January. I guess that may not happen now.

On our last cruise on Navigator in April, I was taking to my wife about how bad the singer was in the pub ( it was empty every night I passed it) and how great Derek show was, now Derek is not the greatest singer but a truly great entertainer, this 80 year old lady who was with us on the elevator said the current singer sucked and Derek, was great . What I found interesting with all the good singers in Texas RCCL could not find anyone who could sing/.

It was the only cruise on my 12 RCCL cruises that I was disappointed with the entertainment. Wishing that Derek mother improves and Derek comes back to Galveston,

• 8 months later...