How much for a cruise?

thefog

what is the price for the most expensive cruise you ever took, and was it worth it?
But that was like a 1200 sq ft suite ---me I was on the 2nd voyage of the ecstacy back in 1990 5 day cruise soup to nuts $7000

what is the price for the most expensive cruise you ever took, and was it worth it?

I'll have to let you know. I leave for my most expensive in two weeks. It is on Royal Caribbean in a Grand Suite. Cost for four of us with a 2 night pre cruise hotels is around 15k. I'm only going all out as it will be my BIG 50. That is about three times more than what I usually spend for our family cruises.

BTW, there is no real TA discount, especially when you need to plan.

Maybe we should start a thread the most you paid for a cruise....a sailing that just never had cheap rates to begin with.

We are paying $1120 pp for a balcony gty. (8nt. Liberty) Now the sailing is up to $899 for only an inside. This price is pretty steep considering we didn't pay much more for a Hawaiian cruise a couple years ago.

Is everyone paying more now compared to a year ago?

It's booked for next May. :) I'll tell you in my review when I get back if it was worth it or not.

Just remember - Don't feed the bears ;)

The Queen Mary II had as their ULTIMATE CRUISE:

Fly from anywhere in the United States to NYC

3 day pre-cruise stay at the Royal Mandarin Hotel in New York

Cruise in the Owner's Suite aboard the QMII 6 days while crossing the Atlantic.

3 day post-cruise in the Royal Mandarin Hotel in London

Fly back to New York in a G5 Gulfstream private jet.

Fly from NYC to your home

$98,500 per person double occupancy ! ! :D

(That breaks down to about 70 cruises for me, GEEEEEESH) :eek:

The Queen Mary II had as their ULTIMATE CRUISE:

$98,500 per person double occupancy ! ! :D

That's just crazy IMO:eek:

One day I hope I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford one of those 100+day world cruises but so far Ed and the prize patrol haven't come knocking on my door.:( Wonder what the S&S bill would come out to be? ::eek:

I've only been on one cruise so far and it was a 5 day out of NO on the Holiday. 1 night pre-cruise, price of cruise and S&S - Total was approx. $700.00 (for one person). I can't even imagine spending $5,000/up on any vacation!

We are booked for next Dec. (2006) for the holiday sailing for our 20th anniversary. We are sailing 7 days on the Elation in a Cat. 12 suite for $3,800 total for 2 people. We've NEVER paid this much just for 2 people, but it's a special occasion (and the most expensive time to cruise). I'll let you know, after we get back, if it was worth it!!

Previously we were able to exchange a week of time share for a discounted rate but this year in my planning I found that there wqas no advantage in doing so. Actually it was a $100 less using a TA. The person at RCI told me that during certain time periods, summer being one of them that some cruise lines dont offer a discount rate and Carnival was one of them. If I wanted to travel during other times he could give me a good deal exchanging a week but not in the summer. I priced our trip thru several TA's and found the price to be basically the same. Only difference was in "rebates" allowed by some TA's. Again I was told that cruise lines dont discount but that some TA's will give back some of their profit as a rebate to get you to book. Sonds a bit like price fixing by the cruise lines to me but then again until folks think the price is getting to high and sales drop we cant expect deep discounts offered. Law of supply and demand.

Last spring we went to an all inclusvie for the first time in Cancun and really enjoyed ourselves for less money. We decided that the years we can afford 2 vacations (our daughter has now graduated from college creating more disposable $) one will be an all inclusive and one a cruise.

It wasn't me but my boss said he spent about $26,000.00 :eek: booking 2 balcony suites on Celebrity doing a Mediterranean cruise with his wife and two kids. That included pre and post cruise stays, air fare, cruise fare and excursions...

I do all the work and he gets to play... :(

Going July 8th on the Legend, cost for three of us about 4500.00 maybe a little more, thats not including the limo and all the extra's. But its worth it, we all work so hard all year and we should reward ourselfs with something we enjoy. Don't you think so?

But... but... but.... I trapped this HAL cruiser and I've been fattening him up for just such an occasion...!

:D

Yes, this does remind me of the Hal thread. I thought I was on the wrong board for a minute.

But... but... but.... I trapped this HAL cruiser and I've been fattening him up for just such an occasion...!

Well in that case can I offer you some tenderizer? :D

Archived