Clarity on Soda policy on DCL Fantasy

graceinga

I've been reading through posts and it appears the free soda that I thought comes with the cruise has a few more limitations than I thought. Are soda's free at shows? movies? sit down meals?

Thanks!!!

I've been reading through posts and it appears the free soda that I thought comes with the cruise has a few more limitations than I thought. Are soda's free at shows? movies? sit down meals?

Thanks!!!

The free soda is at the dispensers located generally by the pool area and inside the buffet area. As far as dinner, supposedly yes, but our kids have never ordered at dinner on any DCL ship.

Yes, free at dinner, but not at shows. You can always go up on the pool deck and get a soda and bring it down to the show, but if you buy a can, it is not free.

Basically, any fountain soda is free, but the cans and bottles are not free.

If you order a drink at the movies there is a cost. Although I did not try it, I believe you have to pay if you order a soft driink at a bar (supposedly they are canned). They are definitely free in the dining rooms. I ordered a coke the first night and after that there was one waiting for me each night. My granddaughter likes "Shirley Temples" and one was waiting for her each night.

People do go up on deck and get a free soda and then go with it to the shows,

Free 24 hours from the top deck soda station.

Free with Breakfast, Lunch Dinner. Buffet and MDR. Free on Castaway cay from the dispensers but not the bars.

Pay from Room service and from bars and bar servers.

When 1 say *free* thats *included* in your cruise fare.

One thing that I didn't like about our Disney cruise was the "free" soda. I don't really spend any time by the pools and did not like having to go up there to get a drink. Add in all the dripping kids, and the general mess by the machines, and the flatness of the fountain drinks, and it wasn't appetizing either. There are a lot fewer bars on Disney so even if I wanted to pay for a drink, I had to go pretty far. Getting a soda was much less convenient than other cruise lines. I'd rather pay for a soda card and get unlimited, convenient access like other lines.

Thanks!!!

Sodas and soft drinks are gratis at all self-service stations and even at dinner time. The only places you'll have to pay are if you order them from a server (who roam around the pool area or Castaway Cay) and if you get them by the consesion stands by the theatres.

If you order a drink at the movies there is a cost. Although I did not try it, I believe you have to pay if you order a soft driink at a bar (supposedly they are canned). They are definitely free in the dining rooms. I ordered a coke the first night and after that there was one waiting for me each night. My granddaughter likes "Shirley Temples" and one was waiting for her each night.

Were the Shirley Temples free? I too have a DGD that has loved her ST's with a passion since her first cruise at 2 years. She likes the cherry in the glass.:D

One thing that I didn't like about our Disney cruise was the "free" soda. I don't really spend any time by the pools and did not like having to go up there to get a drink. Add in all the dripping kids, and the general mess by the machines, and the flatness of the fountain drinks, and it wasn't appetizing either. There are a lot fewer bars on Disney so even if I wanted to pay for a drink, I had to go pretty far. Getting a soda was much less convenient than other cruise lines. I'd rather pay for a soda card and get unlimited, convenient access like other lines.

If you prefer canned sodas, another low cost option is carry a couple of six packs of your favorite onboard. -- Suzanne

Archived