Oasis Zip Line - Shoes?

When I was last on Allure, we had to have our own closed-toed shoes to do the zip line. I'm thinking I heard something around here a while ago about them having shoes available for that now like they do for the rock wall. Can a recent Oasis cruiser let me know for sure whether or not they have shoes available there? I'd love to save the packing space, but don't want to miss out on the zip line.

Just off Oasis. Not sure if I can definitely answer since I never saw anyone actually put on their shoes. One person didn't have proper footwear, I heard a comment about "we'll get you socks and shoes", but then I never saw them bring out any shoes. I think because the guy ended up leaving. There is not a little cupboard full of shoes of various sizes sitting at the entrance to the zip line.

None of your shoes are closed toe? Even if you weren't planning to exercise and work out, don't you have a pair of comfortable walking shoes that you were planning to bring?

Just off Oasis. Not sure if I can definitely answer since I never saw anyone actually put on their shoes. One person didn't have proper footwear, I heard a comment about "we'll get you socks and shoes", but then I never saw them bring out any shoes. I think because the guy ended up leaving. There is not a little cupboard full of shoes of various sizes sitting at the entrance to the zip line.

None of your shoes are closed toe? Even if you weren't planning to exercise and work out, don't you have a pair of comfortable walking shoes that you were planning to bring?

Not planning to work out this time because we only have 3 sea days and there is WAY too much to do on this ship -- especially with two kids and 8 other family members coming. We're doing beach / swimming trips, so I wasn't going to bring any walking shoes. Oh hey, but I will have my water shoes for the beach trips, so I guess those should work. I can't believe I didn't think of that!

When I was last on Allure, we had to have our own closed-toed shoes to do the zip line. I'm thinking I heard something around here a while ago about them having shoes available for that now like they do for the rock wall. Can a recent Oasis cruiser let me know for sure whether or not they have shoes available there? I'd love to save the packing space, but don't want to miss out on the zip line.

I zipped on Oasis last September and although I had my own gym shoes, they did have shoes if needed. Don't know how wide the variety of sizes were. You'll need your own socks, of course.

On our June cruise, they made a big deal about being closed toe and lace up. They offered socks to people, but I don't remember them offering shoes.

At the rockwall you had to use their shoes.

Hmmm...maybe something has changed since I was on the Zipline last September. I could swear that they offered footwear if one didn't have any. Oh well...

Hmmm...maybe something has changed since I was on the Zipline last September. I could swear that they offered footwear if one didn't have any. Oh well...

I'm trying to remember, but I don't think so. I definitely remember them offering socks and telling people with slip on shoes they needed laces.

On my March cruise on Oasis, I was given a loaner pair of shoes for the zipline just like what you would find at the rockwall. My closed toe shoes were slip on sketchers (with a back) but the elastic laces were deemed not tight enough.

As I said, I did hear the staff say something like they would look for shoes and socks, but they didn't ask the guy his size. It's certainly not expected that you would come to the front of the line without shoes. But maybe they do have some lying around in the office area of the sports deck.

Water socks are not allowed. Those individual five toe type shoes that are getting popular to simulate walking barefoot are not allowed. There's a sign with pictures of all the types of footwear that are not allowed.

I don't know if I'd pack my tennis shoes and take up space just for the zipline. Having been on the Allure, you know that the zipline is a nice concept but functionally isn't very rewarding. The ride is literally 8 seconds. I did it just for the sake of being able to say I did it, but I wouldn't have felt like I missed out on much if I hadn't.

That being said, if you're traveling with family, would it be possible to borrow one of your family member's shoes for this 8 second ride?

Archived