Maybe an odd ?

megnut78

I'm not sure if this will be an odd question or not. lol Hopefully I will word it correctly.

I have a person on my booking that possibly may not be able to come on the cruise. She knows that it's too late to cancel and know she will not get her money back. My question is - when the rest of us go to check in at the port, what happens? I mean, do I need to tell someone prior to getting on the ship that she wont be getting on as well. Will they let the rest of us on without her? I've never had something like this come up before, so I'm not positive what happens in this case. Thanks.:confused:

She doesnt get on> They wont wait for her, and whoever is sharing a cabin with her, needs to let the purser or customer service person know once you are en route. I wouldnt say anything before hand, because who knows, a miracle could happen and she may go- I am assuming she has paid in full?

I'm not sure if this will be an odd question or not. lol Hopefully I will word it correctly.

I have a person on my booking that possibly may not be able to come on the cruise. She knows that it's too late to cancel and know she will not get her money back. My question is - when the rest of us go to check in at the port, what happens? I mean, do I need to tell someone prior to getting on the ship that she wont be getting on as well. Will they let the rest of us on without her? I've never had something like this come up before, so I'm not positive what happens in this case. Thanks.:confused:

We've had this situation before, the person sharing the cabin just said at check-in that she wasn't there yet, and then later I think he did tell someone that she was a 'no show', no big deal, and he got a small refund for her port fees.

Thank you! I was hoping that was the case. I'm hoping by some small miracle she can go. And yes, she is paid in full.

Thanks again!

She doesnt get on> They wont wait for her, and whoever is sharing a cabin with her, needs to let the purser or customer service person know once you are en route. I wouldnt say anything before hand, because who knows, a miracle could happen and she may go- I am assuming she has paid in full?

Thank you! That helps a lot!! I see you were on the Splendor last September. How did you like it?

We've had this situation before, the person sharing the cabin just said at check-in that she wasn't there yet, and then later I think he did tell someone that she was a 'no show', no big deal, and he got a small refund for her port fees.

Thank you! That helps a lot!! I see you were on the Splendor last September. How did you like it?

Yep, we've been on the Splendor 3 times. Very nice (newest I've been on) ship and the crew on our first time on her was absolutely amazing, not that they were bad the other times tho. I still don't really like the layout of the Splendor (much prefer the Spirit class), too many dead ends and what I call 'pinch points' where everything gets backed up both near the atrium and even more on the Lido and/or buffet areas, just seemed more crowded than the Spirit or Fantasy classes we've been on. But we had a good time every time anyway as I'm sure you will!

Archived