Cove balcony or regular balcony?

xostacylee

So we currently have $300 OBC.. I just looked and the Cove Balcony is $130 more than our room, and a regular balcony is $220 more than our room. We have a Deluxe OV with two bathrooms, but may not be opposed to losing a bathroom if we got a balcony instead. Can I use the OBC to upgrade instead? How does something like that work?

From our experience with the cove on the Dream I would do it again without any hesitation. I went back to look at my review for pictures but it looks like wherever I hosted them most have lost the link.

We did a cabin tour on our cruise and saw some of the regular balconies. It was true that depending on your location people could be pretty close to you in the hot tubs down below. In the cove you are in your own world. No, you can't get any sun way down there because the life boats keep it shaded... but you can't get sea spray in your face up top either!

It was fun in port to be able to talk to the people on the pier. It was quiet at night and the separation from your neighbors is more than adequate. If it works in your budget I would certainly recommend it!

I've never had the deluxe with the extra half bath, but I'd figure out a way to make it work. For us the "boys" got ready quick for dinner and then went out on the balcony to hang out while the girls got ready. It really was usable space to help the Tetris plans of who moves where when.

Definitely the cove over the regular balcony. The balcony is larger, and it is actually private. The balconies on decks 6 & 7 have very little privacy because of the lanai, and even higher up balconies still can't see right down to the water. Only the coves can, and it's great being that close to the water. However, I wouldn't want a cove that is underneath the galley/kitchen, as they work in there all night. Pick a room that is forward of the midship elevator area. My family was planning to get a deluxe OV, but we decided to splurge and get a cove. I think it was the right choice.

You can see in this picture, taken from the deck 5 lanai, why I wouldn't think much of a deck 6 or even a deck 7 balcony. The lanai is quite an obstruction to their view.

0116.jpg

We don't have to worry about the Lanai on the west coast. We get the hand me down ships that don't have them;). I am glad they sent us the Miracle because I would take that over a dream class any time.

To the OP, I would take the cove for the privacy and being close to the water.

Archived