Booking Dates for Excursions?

I just booked the Independence for March 2015. I noticed that they have listed the excursions already.

Is this normal for them to list the excursions 500 days out?

Can you actually book an excursion on the website? I've seen it sometimes list excursions and then when I try to book one, I get a message that it's too early.

Can you actually book an excursion on the website? I've seen it sometimes list excursions and then when I try to book one, I get a message that it's too early.

Yes, I can book excursions.

I am interested in a cabana for their private island. They even list purchasing sun tan lotion and other items besides their water activities and cabanas.

Yes, I can book excursions.

I am interested in a cabana for their private island. They even list purchasing sun tan lotion and other items besides their water activities and cabanas.

Interesting. I've never seen excursions open that far in advance.

I already booked my cabana for May '14 because I read on the excursion thread that people were doing it up to a year in advance.

From what I've read, I expect those cabanas to be made of 14K gold. :D

They took my credit card number without problem and sent me my receipt.

You can not book dining reservations.

There are only so many cabanas on the island and they go fast. I booked one and have their confirmation if anything goes wrong or if they decide to take it off if they made a mistake if it is too early. They have the reservation in the calendar section for the day.

I had booked a cabana for March 2013 and a short time later they increased the price. I can always cancel the booking at a later date, if something happens.

If its listed and "bookable" you can book it. For something like cabanas, which go fast- it's well worth doing! Some caveats for NOT doing it for other early listed excursions...

1.they can and do change excursions and you might find yours cancelled at some point along the way (this is unlikely for the "cabana excursion" or any private island excursion (zip line, coaster etc) as that is owned and operated by the cruise line and so they have complete control over it, but other operators may change prices, go out of business etc) You will get you $ back, so it's not big deal if it changes

2.its too early to see all the whole menu of excursions, so if you aren't sure what you'd like to do; booking an excursion this early means you probably can't see all the eventual offerings and you might select something prematurely and prefer another one. Of course, again, it's easily changed!

In the case of the OP for cabanas; if you want one- grab it now, they are popular!:D

We booked the Quantum the 1st day the bookings open for the 4/12/15 sailing and maybe about a month later the Excursions opened up for booking - we only reserved an Over-the-Water Cabana for now - too early to even think about any others:p

Pat

can someone show me a picture of one and how much do they usually cost. where on the website can you rent them?

On the RCI website. Log into your reservation and they are under daily planner/excursions.

Just look up cabana or Labadee and there are TONS of pictures and discussions on the excursion thread.

Over the Water are $250 and the Beach and Hilltops Cabanas are $225. It seems the over the water ones are the most popular.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406

Good luck!

Archived