Riviera Beds

dlouise

We were just on the Riviera and found the bed super comfy. Does anyone know what brand mattress they are and where I can buy a king size one. I seem to remember that they are made in Miami.

Thank you for the link. I have spoken to them, its the prestige model that is on the Riviera, and they are right here in Miami so we will run down there next week to test them out.

Again many thanks.

• 3 months later...

Just to let you know. I went over to Miami in June and bought the prestigue king size mattress. It was delivered to my gulf coast home the next day.

I believe the big beds on the ships are twins pushed together. At least that's what they were on both Nautical cruises where I took the bedding apart to check it out :)

I laid on the show room model and it felt identical to the ships'. The one I received at home has a slightly different gel pad, and is definitely firmer than the ships' or the showroom. Since we are just moving in, I haven't slept on it more than two weeks at any one time. I am hoping it will soften up, or I may have to put in a softer pad, or get a fluffy mattress pad.

I didn't know you could buy their bedding! Some of the best sleep we've had, let alone on a cruise ship! Thanks for the info - we are looking into this as we prepare to replace our mattresses, etc.

PS - Can I please be back on the Marina now? :)

Our mattress will be delivered next week and I will let you know if its the same as the one we had on the Riviera.

There were about 6 different models in the showroom so make sure you ask for the one they use on the Riviera, as they supply a number of different cruise lines. The one we tried out in the showroom was exactly like the one we had the last two summers on the Riviera. Remember the mattresses onboard have been used for two years so they are somewhat broken in.

• 2 weeks later...

Our mattress arrived a few days ago. It is just as wonderful as the one we had in our Oceania Suite the last two summers.

The men that delivered it told us it is the top of their line.

Don't hesitate to order one it really is so comfortable that there is no break in period needed.

Yes, I just put the sheet right on the mattress, first time I have ever done that, but it works great.

I have always used a mattress cover in the past, but I thought that it would take away from the cooling affect of the gel insert. I have not had any night sweats since the mattress was delivered and I have had a much better quality of sleep. I am thrilled!!!