Cabin Amenities Viking Prestige

Bill'sBride

I am trying to keep my packing down for the trip, and was wondering about toiletries, etc. My main question is if there is a hair dryer in the cabin (Viking does not commit to which ships have them in cabin) and is there sufficient shampoo so I just need to bring conditioner. Doesn't need to be fancy, just want to wash my hair each day! The hotel sites for pre and post stays give great details, just need to know for the cruise portion. Thanks!

I am trying to keep my packing down for the trip' date=' and was wondering about toiletries, etc. My main question is if there is a hair dryer in the cabin (Viking does not commit to which ships have them in cabin) and is there sufficient shampoo so I just need to bring conditioner. Doesn't need to be fancy, just want to wash my hair each day! The hotel sites for pre and post stays give great details, just need to know for the cruise portion. Thanks![/quote']

I found this on the Viking website hope this helps you:

Hair dryers & amenities

Your ship has hair dryers for guest use, as do most hotels. Your stateroom amenities include shower gel, shampoo, lotion, shower cap and vanity kit.

Viking Neptune had a hair dryer - wouldn't say it was the best but I have thin short hair and it work fine! They also had shampoo, conditioner, lotion - I'm not ositive about shower gel but I think so. I also remember that containers used were replaced - if not I'm sure your cabin steward can give more of whatever you need - as long as its reasonable!!!

I can only vouch for the Neptune - and last year - not sure about the other ships!

Thanks for the dryer and shampoo etc. feedback. That is a great help. I am not sure about clocks either, but will take a travel clock since the ocean cruises I have done before did not have them in the cabin. I have the Brookstone Microbeam which is great (clock/calendar/alarms/snooze/flashlight). My favorite feature is that is has a sensor setting for light - when you have that set and the clock is on the table only the normal clock lighting shows, you lift it up and the flashlight is on automatically. Great if you lose power somewhere, or just want to find your footing to the back in a strange place!

On our recent Viking cruise there was a clock in our cabin. There was also a very good blow dryer. The toilettries were L'Occitane: hand soap; shampoo; conditioner; body wash; and moisturizer. All were in refillable containers. Scent was Verbena. Very nice products.

There wasn't a clock in our cabin on the Aegir when we sailed in late April - but I made note of that in my evaluation... And suggested that clocks would be a welcome upgrade. Maybe they have added them.

Although, the morning wake up call was always right on time!

Fran

Archived