Has anyone tried to get this on the boat?

rlwebst

It may be battery operated, but you still have to recharge those batteries. I am thinking that will be reason they will say keep it in the car and off the ship...

People recharge batteries on the ship all the time. No problem.

I usually take our magic bullet, along with my smuggled rum and make our own frozen drinks on our balcony!

Never had a problem!

Happy Sailing!!!:cool:

Good idea, does it do a good job of shaving the ice?

You're on VACATION - let someone else make your drinks and clean up the mess! :D And really - you'd be willing to let your neighbors have to listen to that noise? Not nice! :eek:

We could get into a week long discussion about what we have heard from our neighbors room .:eek:;):D I don't think that little blender really would mount up to a hill of beans :p

Not for cruising, but years ago (in my early 20s), I bought a battery operated blender to take camping with a bunch of friends. It basically wouldn't chop ice, so that made it worthless for the margaritas I had hoped to make. Ended up returning it.

If I were still that age, the product in OP would look tempting. :)

Though I don't imagine I'd want to deal with lugging it on and off the ship.

You're on VACATION - let someone else make your drinks and clean up the mess! :D And really - you'd be willing to let your neighbors have to listen to that noise? Not nice! :eek:

Let someone else make the Drinks and then clean up the mess..

I love it ! That's a vacation:D

My hubby and I read an article on sealetter.com one year about packing a blender and making "blenderfuls" in your cabin. We packed a blender and crystal lite packets along with rum. We bought one DOD to get the pretty souvenier cup and packed our own colorful straws. We made drinks, put them in the souvenir cups and used our own straws. We thought it was a good way to "hide" our drinks until people started asking where we got the straws. HaHa! I don't recall how we got the rum on board, of course this was in the 90's when it was much easier to pack alcohol.

Even if you got it on the ship, which no one here can say for sure, it's getting close to the "ridiculous" line. And it would be inconsiderate if it made disruptive noise for nearby cabins. They pack us in pretty tightly on a ship, we should all be extra considerate of our neighbors so that everyone has a good time.

Even if you got it on the ship, which no one here can say for sure, it's getting close to the "ridiculous" line. And it would be inconsiderate if it made disruptive noise for nearby cabins. They pack us in pretty tightly on a ship, we should all be extra considerate of our neighbors so that everyone has a good time.

I would not mind the noise as long as I was invited in to enjoy the libations for putting up with the noise. Just open door between the balconies and lets party.

Archived