Gem or breakaway last minute deala

Lsilva7

Hi

I am interested in cruising in the gem ir breakaway . I have a specific week I want to go. When does norwegian usually drop the prices? I need it to drop so I can afford to go. Is it cheaper I get last minute cruise deals from norwegian on online TA? Any tips please :). I have cruised on norwegian before and I enjoyed it. Thanks

Been on both ships and both are great! The Gem is more freestyle and cozy and much less crowds more intimate, the Breakaway is newer more features but much less freestyle and you have to book all reservations in advance or it will be sold out for shows, we found that out the hard way :-( Lots of crowds unless you choose Vibe beach area or Haven. Less freestyle we found and less intimate. Good luck :-)

Hi

I am interested in cruising in the gem ir breakaway . I have a specific week I want to go. When does norwegian usually drop the prices? I need it to drop so I can afford to go. Is it cheaper I get last minute cruise deals from norwegian on online TA? Any tips please :). I have cruised on norwegian before and I enjoyed it. Thanks

How far out is the week you want to go? Prices can go up or down as it gets closer depending on how well it is selling. All the cruises I have booked have only risen in price after I book (usually a year out). Your best shot at getting a deal is going to be after final payment is due (75 days out?) but if you are going to wait for a last minute deal be prepared for it to not happen. (even if prices do drop near cruise date the cabin category you want may be sold out). Also, keep air fare in mind, if you try booking a month out or less, the increase in air may negate any price drops.

You might want to try checking out cruise fish . net

It will let you look up the ship and weeks you want to go and give you a price history for the cruise to give you an idea of whether the current price is high or low and you can buy credits ($0.99 per cruise) and it will watch the cruise for you and alert you if the price drops.

Been on both ships and both are great! The Gem is more freestyle and cozy and much less crowds more intimate, the Breakaway is newer more features but much less freestyle and you have to book all reservations in advance or it will be sold out for shows, we found that out the hard way :-( Lots of crowds unless you choose Vibe beach area or Haven. Less freestyle we found and less intimate. Good luck :-)

Agreed one thousand percent. :)

It does really depend on what you are looking for on your cruise and what's important to you. Good luck. :)

I wanted to do a specific week in August and I won't need airfare since I already reside in nj

"Specific week" and "last-minute" can lead to trouble. Yes, fares do often drop right before the cruise, but ships can also sell out—so it's a gamble. I've booked three weeks in advance before, but my week was flexible.

If you need a specific week, I would book the minimal cabin you would be comfortable with, to secure a spot on the ship. If the prices go down, you can upgrade to a higher category.

It's a good site. It can lag for a couple days (at least it did for me) so you might want to check NCL's site too.

Prices usually drop after final payment, so keep checking around then.

are you open to other cruise lines leaving form the area?

Carnival's prices have been low after their mishaps, so you might pick up a bargain.

royal Caribbean and Celebrity sail from NJ and have sales each Tuesday. here are the links; check them each week.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

If a cruise has not sold well, prices will drop. if a cruise has sold well prices will be stable or rise. Good luck.

Good luck. We are going in the Gem August 31st. We booked in February and I haven't seen it that low since. We also used cruise fish. It's a great site.

Same for me, I am leaving on the Dawn on August 30, 2013. booked in February and haven't seen it as low since:)

I got a great single deal on the break away less than 24 hours from sailing. I got to eat where I wanted and saw the shows I wanted too. I kept watching the NCL website

I thought because of home land security that you have to book at least a month before sailing. It's great of I could book the last min. Especially since I live on NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I thought because of home land security that you have to book at least a month before sailing. It's great of I could book the last min. Especially since I live on NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Normally you can get a room up until 10 pm or so if they still have them. they need 12 hours to ok you.

Archived