I don't have a passport what do I need

dawnsbg

Please help!! I leave for my cruise on the breakaway in one week my travel

Agent said I don't need a passport just a photo Id like drivers lic. My friend at work told me to dbl ck that. So I called my travel agent and she is on vacation the women who answered the phone made me feel like such a idiot said common sence should tell you a birth cert and 2 other forms Of I D. And if the name on my birth cert does not match my licenses I need the marriage certificate I told her I was married in Las Vegas 19 yrs ago in a drive thru ( true story) and I have no idea where it is she rudely said I don't know what to tell you I went on Clark county web site and ordered a copy but what if it does not come in time?? I called Norwegian and they told me to go in getmehome.gov but nowhere does it say u need a marriage cert if name is different than my birth cert. sorry such a long explanation . Can someone please help me???????

My wife has used her BC & DL many times. BC was from MA & DL is from NY.

She took my last name when we got married, so obviously BC had different name then her DL.

Never had an issue. Your DL has your DOB on it & it will match you BC.

I would say just carry as much ID as you can with the BC.

...and remember your not the first women who sails with only these two forms of ID. They see it all the time and wont be surprised.

you need an OFFICIAL birth certificate and a picture ID. That's it.

Also, find a new travel agent, and tell them exactly why you are switching. You might even be able to switch your current reservation to NCL, but not sure. Incompetence is one thing, rudeness loses my business immediately

you need an OFFICIAL birth certificate and a picture ID. That's it.

Also, find a new travel agent, and tell them exactly why you are switching. You might even be able to switch your current reservation to NCL, but not sure. Incompetence is one thing, rudeness loses my business immediately

Ditto.

OP, the only real issue is if the name on your ID is different than the name that you are sailing under (such as people on their honeymoon), then you might be asked for a bridging document. There is no requirement that I've read for having a marriage license available if the name on the birth cert is different than on the ID.

Archived