Is the third bed in an interior cabin adult size?

We are booked on the Rhapsody of the Seas. Interior cabin for 3. We are all adult size. Our TA assures me the third bed, which is above the two twins, is adult size. Is this correct?

Btw, I posted this on the first-timers section but someone kindly responded and suggested I should post it here as well.

We are booked on the Rhapsody of the Seas. Interior cabin for 3. We are all adult size. Our TA assures me the third bed, which is above the two twins, is adult size. Is this correct?

Btw, I posted this on the first-timers section but someone kindly responded and suggested I should post it here as well.

Yes it is adult size. RCI wouldn't sell a bed for a 3rd adult that wouldn't be suitable. Quite hard to get up onto and both the twin bed and the pullman bed are are quite close together when pulled down and made up.

Have a great cruise :-)

Not sure if the dimensions of pull-down beds are the same as the twins, but just from looking it appears to be about the same, and has appeared to be the same size on all ships where I have observed them.

If they were smaller, sure I would have seen this as a complaint here on CC.

thank you for your responses. I am travelling with a 13 year old who is taller than us. That is why I wanted to make sure the third bed was "adult-size".

No problem at all I wouldn't have thought. If they are anything like my 2 sons, when they were 13 they loved the Pullman beds as it was this special thing that came out of the ceiling for them.

Strange - I know - kids eh !!!!! Ha ha ha

No problem at all I wouldn't have thought. If they are anything like my 2 sons, when they were 13 they loved the Pullman beds as it was this special thing that came out of the ceiling for them.

Strange - I know - kids eh !!!!! Ha ha ha

Plus they are quite agile at that age - ah, youth.

aussielozzie18, the length of the pullman berth is 1.98 m (76"), and it has a maximum weight of 300 lbs. The standard twin bed on board measures 78.5" x 33.5" x 6". P.S. You may want to consider bringing along a battery-operated candle to add a bit of safety at night, should someone need to get up. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Our now 22 yo son loves the pullman bed. He is taller than both of his older brothers, but has never had a problem with it. He loved it as a 13 yo. Last year as a 21 yo, he kept saying he would have preferred the pullman over the twin he slept in. Not sure why.

When my son graduated high school I put him and two of his buddies in an inside cabin to celebrate. Each of them is 6'4 or taller (Yikes!) They loved the pullman and there were no complaints about the fit.

I suspect your 13 year old will do fine :)

Archived