Will this work from Monte Carlo?

llarsen

I need help again. We will be in Monte Carlo on a Sunday (no bus to Eze Village)

I would rather not rent a car, but would really like to see Eze Village. I am open to other suggestions or routes. We are in port from 8am-10pm.

Take train to Eze Bord de Mer, then bus #83 to Eze Village (How long will this take?)

or take taxi directly to Eze Village (there are 4 of us sharing)

Take #82 or #112 from Eze Village to Nice (25 mins) Is one bus better choice than other?

Take bus #81 from Nice to Cap Ferrat (20 Mins)

See the Villa Ephrusi de Rothchilds Palace and Gardens

Train from Nice back to Monaco (20 mins)

I need help again. We will be in Monte Carlo on a Sunday (no bus to Eze Village)

I would rather not rent a car, but would really like to see Eze Village. I am open to other suggestions or routes. We are in port from 8am-10pm.

Take train to Eze Bord de Mer, then bus #83 to Eze Village (How long will this take?)

or take taxi directly to Eze Village (there are 4 of us sharing)

Take #82 or #112 from Eze Village to Nice (25 mins) Is one bus better choice than other?

Take bus #81 from Nice to Cap Ferrat (20 Mins)

See the Villa Ephrusi de Rothchilds Palace and Gardens

Train from Nice back to Monaco (20 mins)

Can't comment on the buses since I have never taken them. But, check on where the bus stops in Cap Ferrat. The roads are hilly and you might have to take a taxi to and from the Rotschild mansion.

And why should you take the train from Nice back to Monaco? The closest stations to Cap Ferrat are either Villefranche (West of CF) or Beaulieu-sur-Mer (East of CF). Take a taxi to either one (or find out bus schedules), they are both about the same distance from Cap Ferrat.

You are really having a tough time with your ports I must say.Since there are 4 of you why don't you see if you can hire a driver that Sunday for a few hours to see what you really want to see,share the cost and don't worry about the train or bus.Just a thught.

I second cberge's suggestion of a driver, but however you choose to travel consider changing the order of the visit. Since it is Sunday, the shops, etc in Eze might not open until well after 10. However, the flower market stalls in Nice will be open. You can eat some socca at Theresa's stand and have some coffee at one of the sidewalk cafes. Then go to Cap Ferrat and afterward to Eze. It will be a more efficient route and you get to see the market at the best time.

Yes it should be Villefranche to Monte Carlo, not Nice. See...this is why I need help! lol

And yes, Cberge I really am having difficulty trying to figure this all out.

We really don't want to hire a driver, we would rather wander on our own, but thanks for the suggestion.

Also thanks Marazul for letting me know the shops may not be open early on Sunday!

We will take your suggestion and go to Nice first (and the Market!)

So it should go like this?

Monte Carlo to Nice by train (20 min)

Bus #81 to Cap Ferrat (getting off at Passable stop) for the Villa Ephrussi de Rothchild

Now...I need help.

Do we take the #100 to the Gar d'Eze stop and then #83 to Eze Village or would you recommend walking to Beaulieu and catching the #83 at it's origination point all the way to Eze Village? The #100 to Gar d'Eze then #83 is what I found in Rick Steve's Med book.

I really can't seem to figure out the bus schedules online, so I'm just going by what I read.

Also, how late is Eze open? Do they close early on Sunday?

Thanks again!

I guess you mean to take the #100 at Cap Ferrat. If so, it probably stops at Beaulieu where you would have the choice to change to the #83. If that is the case, you might want to look around Beaulieu which is a very pretty town before you catch the next bus. Also, use google maps or some other program to figure out the walking distance to the bus station in Beaulieu. On the other hand, if you need to backtrack to Villefranche to get the #100, plan to spend a little time there before catching the bus.

I don't think you have to make the decision so far in advance. Keep your options open depending on how you are running on time and verifying the bus schedules when you are there.

And the attractions in Eze should be open late just like any other day. I assume you are going in high season. If you go, say in late November, a few of the small tourist and artisan shops may close early if there are not too many people around. But that would be the same in any small town.

Regarding the train to Eze Bord/sur Mer and the #83 bus, you need to be very cognizant of the 83 schedule. At certain times during the day this bus will run less then once an hour! If seeing Eze Village is really a priority then you really need to consider shelling out the big Euros for a taxi. This all plays into why DW and I prefer to simply rent a car since many of our favorite places (like Eze or St Paul de Vence) are difficult to access by public transit....and very expensive to access via taxi (or private car/driver).

Archived