Who props their balcony door open?

We always do whichever cruise we're on. Just love hearing the ocean and sounds. We just prop it open with the chair. Make sure its up there tight since the Carnival doors are heavy. Other lines like X and RCI that have the sliders make it so much easier.

We do sometimes. I stick the door stop that the cabin steward uses and wedge in in the door hinge area to keep the door open, or at where the door closes to just keep it open a bit. Depends on how much outdoors I want inside. :)

Prop your door open :eek: on a Carnival ship, you must be a smoker ;)

Nope not a smoker... just curious... never done it but thought it would be relaxing to fall asleep at night to the sound of the sea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

i tried to'listen to'the ocean from iside the cabin..never could here it. very humid too and condemsation built up'in the cabin making evertything felt wet. never did it again

Just love when the ding dongs do that and then open their cabin doors. It's especially nice when you happen to be walking by their rooms while all of their papers blow out into the hallway on to your face. Been there - done that.

If you must open your balcony door, never do it while smoking in case a cigarette blows back into the room and make sure to close it before going in/out of your main cabin door.

Don't prop ours open because we always go to the Caribbean and it gets too humid and everything in the room gets damp. If I want to hear the ocean, I will take my hind parts to my balcony and listen to it there as nature intended.

We leave our balcony door open during the whole cruise. Just draw the drapes/curtain over the door section to prevent the wind tunnel. Much easier and quieter to just part the curtain than to open/close the balcony door all the time. Pack a bungie cord ...

We did it on a cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii. It was only at night and wonderful. However, it was July but we still got cold one night and had to close it and we were somewhere around the equator. The breeze and sound of the water was great.

We had 7411 on Glory in June and the door would stay in whatever position we placed it with nothing bracing or holding it. It was great! Others mentioned (when reading review) having this cabin long before we were in it and it did the same thing. Don't report to Carnival! :p Summer off the coast of New England and Canada does not produce much worry over humidity!;)

6458_1382754145270808_657158024_n.jpg

Day time? Night Time? What do you use to prop it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Never. I don't want that humidity in my room, nor the salt in that moist air in my bed and pillow. And the ceiling condensation can make it rain.

We did it on a cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii. It was only at night and wonderful. However, it was July but we still got cold one night and had to close it and we were somewhere around the equator. The breeze and sound of the water was great.

Good tip! I would only leave it open at night so will give it a shot!:)

Archived