Jewel Cabin Question--Please Advice

Hi! RCI just called, we booked October 2 Jewel sailing directly. Rep was very nice, told me our guarantee balcony already assigned, an E1, cabin 9028. Looks like a good location, but I'm not sure I like being near the elevator, and it is an adjoining cabin. Are these noisy on the Jewel? Has anyone ever had this cabin? Is the balcony a good view? I might ask them to change our assignment if it is noisy, as privacy and quiet are really important to us on a cruise. Has anyone ever asked RCI to change a guarantee assignment? We are still over 3 weeks from final payment, so I think it might be possible. Thanks for any input, and happy cruising to all.

Hi! RCI just called, we booked October 2 Jewel sailing directly. Rep was very nice, told me our guarantee balcony already assigned, an E1, cabin 9028. Looks like a good location, but I'm not sure I like being near the elevator, and it is an adjoining cabin. Are these noisy on the Jewel? Has anyone ever had this cabin? Is the balcony a good view? I might ask them to change our assignment if it is noisy, as privacy and quiet are really important to us on a cruise. Has anyone ever asked RCI to change a guarantee assignment? We are still over 3 weeks from final payment, so I think it might be possible. Thanks for any input, and happy cruising to all.

We haven't stayed in that particular stateroom but in general, rooms that, on the deck plans, appear to be near the elevators are not really that close and you should not have any noise problems. However, connecting rooms can be noisy if you have loud or noisy neighbors. In most instances that probably is not going to be a problem. Otherwise I would say the location of the room is excellent and being relatively close to the elevators is definitely convenient.

I can´t comment on the connecting door as I haven´t had one on any of my Jewel cruises. However the connecting door might result in some different furniture in your cabin. Possibly no sofa (just a guess).

The location near the elevators I would rate as very convenient. I wouldn´t be concerned about noise. The cabins are very gould isolated against noise. I had always midship centrum area cabin locations. The music plays quite loud up to the centrum from deck 4. As soo as I closed my cabin door nothing could be heard from outside.

Your balcony will stick out and you won´t look down onto the white roof above the lifeboats.

I say it´s a good cabin choice, only problem could be the connecting door.

Sometimes a family that needs two adjoining cabins will come along, and to accommodate them, you might just get an upgrade to a better category. Good luck! I also heard that you get a smaller sofa (more like a chair) by the door between the cabins; otherwise, the space is pretty much the same.

I do think this looks like a nice location, and a good cabin, all in all, as long as we don't have noisy people next door. I called the RCI rep back after checking out open cabins on their web site. I found one across the hall I liked better, but he said no dice since it was a category X. He said to call back after final payment, and maybe then....somehow I doubt that! Can't wait, totally excited for this trip. I showed it to DH on the ship's diagram when he got home, and he likes it. It is interesting RCI called. We have sailed on Celebrity and HAL in wonderful guarantee assignments before, but they never disclosed actual cabin until much closer to sailing. Why would RCI assign so early? If anyone else is booked guarantee on the Jewel Boston sailings I think you can find your assignment on the web page, ours is there.

Archived