Motu massage

cwc

Do they offer on both Motu day (Taha'a & Bora Bora)? How much? Is it worth it? Or should I stick with the massage on the ship?

By the way, any body has a PG spa menu?

Thanks.

Cindy

Sorry, didn't keep a spa menu. All the prices seemed very high to me. Pedicure $60 is all I remember. I believe the motu massage is done by the regular spa staff, but ChatKat can clarify--I know her husband had one. I'm sure she can ask him if he thought it was worth it.

They only offer a massage on the motu, not on Bora Bora's beach. I did it both times on the motu and would do it again. It is only 25 minutes. Don't remember the exact cost, but same proportion to what it is on board.

I have found both times for it to be well worth it. You are warmer (not in a/c) which actually adds to the overall relaxation. It is the same staff from the spa on board. The only negative, albeit small, is that the massage hut also contains (in a separate area) the showers and restrooms for the area. So you do hear a little bit of talking. In addition, the generator for the motu is not too far from the hut so you can often hear that (hey, this is primitive, no power at all on the island!).

Again, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I've done it both times in the afternoon, 3 or 4pm so that you end the day with that (after just one more cocktail from the floating bar) and since you will have the massage oil on you, its tough to go back into the sandy water.

I had booked a Motu massage as did my husband (they were back to back) but I was having too much fun floating in the water on my Swimways raft. He took his and mine for a 50 minute massage. What a sacrifice, huh?

I had booked a spa appointment for a body scrub at 4 which included a full massage, which I did not remember was a part of the service, so it worked in my favor to only do the scrub/massage. I paid $155 for the combo treatment, which I did once before on the Navigator and it hadn't included the massage. My husband said the noise and the open door (and in his swimsuit) massage was not as good as the one on ship. It was also expensive. If we go again, I won't do anything on the motu again but just enjoy the snorkling and other motu things like floating in the water, eating the great picnic, a litte shopping on the beach. and enjoying the sunshine. You can get a massage another time. Why waste a good Motu day?

Archived