6:15 a.m flight out of Budapest-if you have done it what was it like?

stipmom

Call your airline and ask what time their desk opens for checking in.

They will say to be there, for example, 2 hours before flight.

But it's silly to get there at 4:15 am if the desk doesn't open until 4:45.

Been there, done that, and it was dumb of us.

cb

but am booking on own,so went to the airline website(Luftansa,or United) and found one later,12 30.Not as direct a route home,but actually less hours (had to make extra stop,but worth it to me).

Such an early flight would make me worried all nite,would NOT SLEEP,etc.and ruin last day of vacation.

So DO check and see if you can find another,if from cruiseline,can you request later?:confused:

We had a 6:30 am flight Budapest to Amsterdam July 7 with transportation arranged by Avalon. We were up at 2:50, luggage outside our cabin at 3:15 and on our way to the airport at 3:45. My mind was quite foggy at that hour and don't remember much but know we were able to get our boarding passes when we got to the airport.

We had a 6:30 am flight Budapest to Amsterdam July 7 with transportation arranged by Avalon. We were up at 2:50, luggage outside our cabin at 3:15 and on our way to the airport at 3:45. My mind was quite foggy at that hour and don't remember much but know we were able to get our boarding passes when we got to the airport.

and SO GLAD I switched.Would definitely ruin my last day of vacation by worrying I d miss flight,etc.Such an ungodly hour,whew.:(

What time would we need to get to the airport? We will be staying at a hotel the night before.

You asked if anyone had done it not should you change your flight time so here goes..

Did it, hated it and would not want to repeat if there were other choices.

As another poster said, on the bus from ship at 3:30, at airport line up by 4:15 and then sat around and waited.

Tip: we travelled with ONLY carryon bags and checked in online and printed up boarding passes ahead of time. We checked the reader board for the gate area (gate number not posted until 30 mins ahead of flight) and went straight to central area to wait THE TWO HOURS but seats are few so ended up perched on the edge of something.

We bypassed the long queue...and i mean long...of people waiting to check their bags. Our friends took close to an hour to check in so take that into consideration when timing when to get to airport.

There are two terminals side by side so make sure you get in the right one before lining up.

So if you have bags to check, then you will need at least the two hr lead time,..less if carry on only.

I have had early flights from Budapest twice in the last few years. Yes, it is a pain to have to get to the airport that early in the morning. However, for many Americans (like me), that is the only way I can get home the same day with only one connection.

Because of this connection issue, there are several early flights. The first time I took such a trip, the hotel suggested getting to the airport as soon as check-in opened. This enabled me to avoid the long lines that formed a little later. As mentioned, the airport waiting areas for flights also did get very crowded. I avoided these crowds by going to an airport club room for which I had access. You might look into one of these rooms. Many of them allow a person to purchase a day pass at not too bad a price. This will be offset by the fact that they will have free coffee, juices, and pastries.

One advantage of such an early flight is that there is no traffic getting to the airport.

Archived