ideas needed for Glasgow tour

Bit harsh PinkUK !

I would recommend the Burrell collection, the botanical gardens and a good stroll around the historical centre

I'm sorry if I unintentionally caused offence, clearly you know Glasgow better than I do. As I said it was just a thought. :)

Karen

Not sure how you would handle the logistics, but some of the best options would be a ferry to Rothsay, a boat trip on Loch Lomond (from Tarbet) or a tour to Inverary.

My favourite, however, would be an excursion up Loch Lomond, and then on as far as time will allow through Glencoe, Fort William and the Caledonian canal.

I can't advise on Glasgow itself as I normally get through it as quickly as possible to tour the highlands.

Although I live in the UK I have often fancied a similar cruise and would be happy to hear your comments when you get back

Have a good trip

David

Visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the oldest house in Glasgow known as Provands Lordship (Closed Mondays) and Peoples Palace museum which tells the story of Glasgow and its people.

Take time to stop for a drink in one of the many pubs - try the Horseshoe Bar. You'll come across many local 'characters'! Go for a Curry - nothing beats a Glasgow Curry!

Enjoy the Infinity, we were on her in Alaska last summer.

Johanne

PS Edinburgh is fab too :)

We will be in Glasgow Sept 2 on infinity and are looking for ideas on what to do there. Any ideas?:rolleyes:

progress.gif

We were there in May on Infinity and took the X excursion to Edinburgh. Edinburgh is a must see city and worth the long drive and cost.

First be very clear on your transport and timings back to the ship as the M8 can be notorious for traffic jams and I am afraid we natives are also very used to the trials of the Glasgow-Edinburgh train. Great frequency on paper, but prone to line issues etc.

As other say there is so much to enjoy in Glasgow. To get round many of the sites there is a very good hop on hop off bushttp://www.citysightseeingglasgow.co.uk/

The Botanic Gardens/Byers Road is a nice lunch time stop

Having grown up in and around Glasgow, I never did the tourist thing whilst I was living there but have visited on more than a few occasions since leaving. I can recommend The Kelvingrove museum, The Burrell Collection if your and art lover (House for and Art lover if you are really LOVE art and architecture). As a kid i loved the transport museum now housed at the the Riverside museum.

Check out for some more ideas.

http://www.peoplemakeglasgow.com/

Archived