Tropical Storm Flossie in Hawaii

kapoho2

Here in Hawaii, Tropical Storm Flossie is coming our way. The Big Island of Hawaii and Maui are now under a tropical storm Warning for the next couple of days. I believe that Oahu was just put under this warning also. The rest of the state is under a tropical storm Watch. Hilo is directly in the cross hairs of this storm which is expected to hit Monday morning local time and last all day. The storm will pass somewhere between the Big Island and Maui and contiue on westward.

I see that the POA is in Maui today and is scheduled to remain there tomorrow. Not sure if that is still the plan. Also not sure if they will be able to head to Hilo on Tuesday. The wind is already picking up and getting blustery 12 hours in advance of it hitting here on the east side of the Big Island. This storm is expected to bring 10-12 inches of rain to Maui and the Big Island. I will try to update as long as I have power. But, now it is time to go batten down the hatches!

Here in Hawaii, Tropical Storm Flossie is coming our way. The Big Island of Hawaii and Maui are now under a tropical storm Warning for the next couple of days. I believe that Oahu was just put under this warning also. The rest of the state is under a tropical storm Watch. Hilo is directly in the cross hairs of this storm which is expected to hit Monday morning local time and last all day. The storm will pass somewhere between the Big Island and Maui and contiue on westward.

I see that the POA is in Maui today and is scheduled to remain there tomorrow. Not sure if that is still the plan. Also not sure if they will be able to head to Hilo on Tuesday. The wind is already picking up and getting blustery 12 hours in advance of it hitting here on the east side of the Big Island. This storm is expected to bring 10-12 inches of rain to Maui and the Big Island. I will try to update as long as I have power. But, now it is time to go batten down the hatches!

Stay safe. Thanks for the update. ;) Now go batten done the hatches. Prayers for you and everyone on those beautiful islands. :)

Looking at the POA webcam...it shows they are now out to sea. Looks like the second day in Maui will be a sea day. Probably a good thing as overnight the storm seemed to take a slight turn to the north and Maui is now expected to feel more of an impact. We are still waiting for the storm to hit. A few more hours.

Hilo came through the storm just fine. We had a few power outages and some big trees and branches down, but nothing serious. The morning news just said that the POA arrived in Hilo this morning on schedule, so everything seems to be back to normal.

Archived