macarons (French style) on Celebrity? Please tell me where to find them :)

There are at least two places in Aix-en-Provence which have wonderful macarons. One is called Maresse and has been compared to the best in Paris. The other is "les Macarons de Carolline" and can be found in the market. Look among the wide variety for the caramel salted butter. Yum!

Thanks for the added advice.

There are at least two places in Aix-en-Provence which have wonderful macarons. One is called Maresse and has been compared to the best in Paris. The other is "les Macarons de Carolline" and can be found in the market. Look among the wide variety for the caramel salted butter. Yum!

Thank you!

I share your macaron obsession and agree that Laduree makes the best. On Celebrity ships, I found these tasty treats on the dessert tray at Murano. I must have shown a lot of excitement for them as when I was leaving the waiter had packaged half a dozen of them for me to enjoy later in the evening. Not as good as Laduree, but not bad for the high seas.

food on a tray actually might be a more accurate "high tea" which is typically what we used to call supper. Steak and kidney pie, etc. Blue collar type early dinner.

Afternoon tea is also sometimes called "low tea" as it is served on low tables, like a tea table. typically with small finger sandwiches, scones and maybe small cakes.

Interesting about the Macarons. They are reaching fad status in the US. Little Macaron franchises popping up everywhere and they are really not very good, at least to me. They must come out of central kitchens somewhere and probably supply cruise ships as well as it is a pretty specialized product. I've had the lovely little ones you mention at least once, but it has been a while.

I live in a not-so-urban area (SW Florida) and there are at least 5 Macaron stores here opened in the past year.

There is a gourmet shop in St. Petersburg RUSSIA that has an incredible selection of macarons. Kupetz Eliseevs Food Hall. It's worth visiting just to SEE all of the gourmet items and the 1902 building, let alone actually eat anything. Pastries, caviar, oysters, candies, a chocolate fountain, vodka... If you're going to SPB, be sure to ask your guide to make a quick stop here, or plan to stop for lunch. It's on Nevsky Prospekt.

view.sfly?fid=1cd0473028c285f3d33ce936de451066

view.sfly?fid=1cd0473028c285f3d33ce936de451066

Tried to add photos here as you can see, but they did not make it..

If one were to find oneself in Paris for a day, where should they go to get some macarons?

By the way, your first try at making them yourself looks pretty good.

After several stops at each over several days we did a blind side by side taste test with three people and three different flavors from each shop. It was unanimous, Pierre Herme won out over Laduree.

Archived