macarons (French style) on Celebrity? Please tell me where to find them :)

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday to you all!

If you read my review of our Europe trip you might have noticed I have a macaron obsession. It is my mission everywhere I go to try macarons. On Carnival last week they had 2 types of macarons at tea time.

Are there macarons on Celebrity? If so where? Tea time?

We will be on an 11 night Equinox cruise for our honeymoon :)

If you are interested, I spent an entire day trying to make French macarons and made a blog post about my adventures, titled "mac-a-wha?" HAHA :D:

http://dessertationblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/mac-wha.html

Thank you in advance!

If you read my review of our Europe trip you might have noticed I have a macaron obsession. It is my mission everywhere I go to try macarons. On Carnival last week they had 2 types of macarons at tea time.

If you are interested, I spent an entire day trying to make French macarons and made a blog post about my adventures, titled "mac-a-wha?" HAHA :D:

Thank you in advance!

They had the litle pastel colored ones at the Chamagne High Tea on Summit in April.

You may be out of luck as I have not noticed them on any recent sails - I don't go to the high tea tho. The first time we sailed with Azamara, they were out all the time in the lunch buffet. Last year we went on an excursion from LeHarve to Bayeux and there was this wonderful pastry shop with a macaron variation - three times the usual size, with whipped cream and raspberries on top - heaven!

Thank you everyone for the responses!

We got hooked on them in Toulon on one of our TAs. They are wonderful. WE have a shop here in St Pete that makes them

Yes, I love that place! We are using them for favors :) I am assuming you are referring to St. Pete, FL? We are getting married at the Don CeSar and are using Le Macaron for the favors. :D:D yummy, I want some now!

The macaron is a meringue based cookie that's filled with ganache, buttercream or fruit jam. They are made with eggs, icing sugar, regular sugar and ground almonds or almond powder along with food coloring. They are very different from macaroons.

Thank you everyone for the responses!

Yes, I love that place! We are using them for favors :) I am assuming you are referring to St. Pete, FL? We are getting married at the Don CeSar and are using Le Macaron for the favors. :D:D yummy, I want some now!

Yes, St. Petersburg, Fl. The Don CeSar is a beautirul place and I can give you my adress and send me an invitation to the wedding and order extra macarons:D

During our cruise stop in Saint Martin, we are planning on making a trip over to Marigot specifically to get some macarons from Sarafina's!

Can anyone here confirm from personal experience that Sarafina's macarons are as good as described in various online reviews???

:)

Wow!

I do the same!

I don't make them, but try to taste them everywhere.

Last time in Prague. Outstanding!

Delicate vanilla macarons, no colors!

Afternoon tea is the most disappointing part of our dining experience on Celebrity ( have not reached the Dining part in my review yet - see my signature).

They did not offer the proper tea ceremony.

What we had - trays with food in casual buffet - a total nonsense for a cruise line that claims "luxury" in their logo.

The only place where we found macarons on the Eclipse was Champaigne High Tea ($25 surcharge) that happens once a cruise in Murano restaurant.

Honestly, macarons were so-so..

288qloy.jpg

Thank you in advance!

If one were to find oneself in Paris for a day, where should they go to get some macarons?

By the way, your first try at making them yourself looks pretty good.

I don't remember seeing them on board, but if you're ever in the Orlando area, I know of at least 2 places to get them, one in Winter Park, and one in downtown Orlando. (The French pastry shop in College Park recently closed -- <<sigh>>.)

If one were to find oneself in Paris for a day, where should they go to get some macarons?

By the way, your first try at making them yourself looks pretty good.

Thank you! Wow that is a tough question! You must go to Laudree, rumor has it they are the ones who created the macaron and are probably the most famous. There are several other places in Paris that also have amazing macarons. Trust me, once you have the best (macarons from Paris) nothing will compare to the ones you find in the US. I have been looking! Some are good, but nothing like Parisian macarons. Perhaps it is the cobblestone streets and eiffel tower backdrop that make everything seem more magical in Paris ;)

You can read about my adventures going to Laudree beginning here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=15

And this is my "Not For Tourists" page where you can see all of the macaron, pastry, and bread shops there were on my must try list for Paris:

http://www.notfortourists.com/AccountProfile.aspx?userID=101114&showall=true

I don't remember seeing them on board, but if you're ever in the Orlando area, I know of at least 2 places to get them, one in Winter Park, and one in downtown Orlando. (The French pastry shop in College Park recently closed -- <<sigh>>.)

Thank you! I have been to the one in Winter Park (I got my wedding dress in Winter Park :D). What is the one you know of in Downtown?

Take a cruise where you can get to Aix and load them up. They are wonderful.

Thank you! One more thing added to my pinterest wish list!

During our cruise stop in Saint Martin, we are planning on making a trip over to Marigot specifically to get some macarons from Sarafina's!

Can anyone here confirm from personal experience that Sarafina's macarons are as good as described in various online reviews???

:)

I don't have personal experience but this is on my bucket list!

Wow!

I do the same!

I don't make them, but try to taste them everywhere.

Last time in Prague. Outstanding!

Delicate vanilla macarons, no colors!

Afternoon tea is the most disappointing part of our dining experience on Celebrity ( have not reached the Dining part in my review yet - see my signature).

They did not offer the proper tea ceremony.

What we had - trays with food in casual buffet - a total nonsense for a cruise line that claims "luxury" in their logo.

The only place where we found macarons on the Eclipse was Champaigne High Tea ($25 surcharge) that happens once a cruise in Murano restaurant.

Honestly, macarons were so-so..

288qloy.jpg

Sorry to hear is the tea was a disappointment. You should try to make macarons one day!

3 Months, 1 week 5 days until my Macaron Pilgrimage to Pierre Herme in Paris :)

AHhh! Luck you! Eat one for me :)

Thank you! Wow that is a tough question! You must go to Laudree, rumor has it they are the ones who created the macaron and are probably the most famous. There are several other places in Paris that also have amazing macarons. Trust me, once you have the best (macarons from Paris) nothing will compare to the ones you find in the US. I have been looking! Some are good, but nothing like Parisian macarons. Perhaps it is the cobblestone streets and eiffel tower backdrop that make everything seem more magical in Paris ;)

You can read about my adventures going to Laudree beginning here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=15

And this is my "Not For Tourists" page where you can see all of the macaron, pastry, and bread shops there were on my must try list for Paris:

http://www.notfortourists.com/AccountProfile.aspx?userID=101114&showall=true

merci

There are at least two places in Aix-en-Provence which have wonderful macarons. One is called Maresse and has been compared to the best in Paris. The other is "les Macarons de Carolline" and can be found in the market. Look among the wide variety for the caramel salted butter. Yum!

Archived