Most similar lines to RCI

You are definitely going to get mixed comments. You can really only compare "like" classes of ships against the lines. I've sailed Radiance class on RCI and Conquest class on CCL..both classes are very very similar (RCI of course had a rock climbing wall)..and they were almost idential as far as service, entertainment/dining, but all in all for me it was the same experience.

If you are looking for something different, then I would definitely look into NCL as others have stated.

I agree with this post, having had many cruises on NCL. I have never been on their mega-ships, Epic or Breakaway.

I can highly recommend their Jewel Class ships as well as the Dawn. Service, food and entertainment are very good. Ships are clean and properly maintained. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

As far as the age of passengers, that might depend upon season. Many younger families might cruise during the sumer & holiday seasons. We prefer the times when school is in session, therefore an older age spread.

NCL's dress code is "resort casual." Formal night has been changed to "Dress up or Not." This is explained in detail on their website.

Our next cruise will be next March aboard the Explorer of the Seas. We are looking forward to trying a different cruising experience, as well.

Certainly NCL and Carnival are the two that immediately come to mind, but I am a bit bothered by your comment that there are only so many cruises (on RCI's larger ships) that you can do again and again. Have you really checked out the itineraries that those ships offer and visited all, or most of them? Even if you disregarded the Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia itineraries, there are a wide variety of Caribbean cruises that visit new or different ports of call and they offer a number of cruises of different lengths from an assortment of different ports and you can go on countless RCI cruises before you ever have to repeat one. You should certainly consider expanding your cruise experience beyond RCI, but you shouldn't do so merely because you are under the impression that you have already seen everything that RCI offers.

If you are talking Caribbean.....I have visited every island Royal sails to except Dominica....and I've only been on a limited number of Caribbean cruises. And that includes a few repeats. Royal just doesn't visit enough varied Caribbean islands. We even went out of Panama once for something new and have done San Juan departures twice.

I wish Royal had longer Asian itineraries and that the Australian ones weren't so ungodly expensive. I'm horribly disappointed that they pulled out of Europe for December :(

You really can't do "countless" cruises out of the Caribbean before repeating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Archived