Priceline for FLL

palmtre2

I've never used Priceline (name your own...) before and I'm wondering what area I should pick to be near the port? Also, I'm guessing if I pick a 4 star hotel it should be a decent place??? What about triple occupancy - is that a problem since we'll have our DD with us???

Bid Downtown 4 star and if no luck you can start a completely new bid for a 3 star. Spend some time at http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.biddingfun.com for information on what hotels have come up in the past. A winning bid on PL guarantees a room for 2 adults, which could mean only one double bed. But the properties in Fort Lauderdale will generally have 2 beds.

I agree with the above posters, downtown is good. I have, however, bid once the beach zone, 3* and got the Radisson. The Radisson was perfectly fine for us. I have bid 3* downtown and received the Marriott Hotel and Marina, which was my favorite hotel. Either 3 or 4 * downtown area you can't go wrong.

check the sites listed above. When I bid November 2004 for January 2005 stay, I bid 4* beach and got the Hyatt Pier 66. I knew from recent experience and successes of people I would more than likely receive that hotel for $95.00 and did so (price was $325.00 per night internet rate) . It was a great place and we had 4 adults in our room with no problems. Do a little research and you will be fine. Remember no hotel is guaranteed, but sometimes you can narrow it down and be fairly certain what you might get. We could see ships from the property and were only about 5 mins away. Tower rooms could see the ships as they dock in the morning. Good luck.

www.pier66.com

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't used priceline before. Is there anyway I can bid for 2 rooms at the same time? We have friends traveling with us. Or would we each need to bid on our own and hope that we get the same hotel? Not sure that we want to chance that. Thanks in advance.

Haven't used priceline before. Is there anyway I can bid for 2 rooms at the same time? We have friends traveling with us. Or would we each need to bid on our own and hope that we get the same hotel? Not sure that we want to chance that. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can bid up to 4 rooms at a time.

I'm looking for a hotel near the pier as well and I've been bidding for 4 star Beach (hoping to get the Hyatt Pier 66). No success yet but I made a confirmed reservation just in case that I can always cancel (up to 3 days ahead of travel date) when/if Priceline pulls through.

From everything I've read either the Beach area or the Downtown area are great for pre/post cruise stays. (Most of the hotels in the Downtown and Beach area have balconies EXCEPT for the Renaissance just incase this is important to you).

Archived