Review of our 2013 cruise/land tour with Holland America (Zaandam)

cactusflower

Thanks so much for your reporting. I enjoyed the pictures. We have done a seven night inside passage round trip Vancouver, and that only gave us a desire to see more. We are starting to plan for a land/sea in summer 2015, and will book as soon as they become available. We travel with a wheel-chair, (one leg amputee) and can walk short distances with crutches. Any suggestions/concerns for us for the land portion?

• 1 month later...
I have really enjoyed your review and fantastic pictures, and it has been helpful as we plan our cruisetour for this June.

Question, if you don't mind - can you give a ballpark figure on what you spent on food during the post cruise land tour? Our land portion is pre-cruise starting in Fairbanks, going to Denali, Anchorage, and Alyeska before boarding the ship in Seward. Thanks again for taking the time to write and post such a detailed report.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for that great review and all those pictures. We will be on HAL''s Oosterdam in June. We visit the same ports and then go on to Denali for three nights. Now I have a good idea what to expect, i need to re-read and make notes! I'm hoping we will see more sunshine than you but I suppose that's the gamble you take on a visit to Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Another fan Catcusflower! I am going in August for first time with Celebrity and my land part is much shorter than yours but hope I enjoy as much as you! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and wonderful review!