South america cabins on infinity

geertje

We, two couples from Holland, are planning a south America cruise on the infinity. Can anyone tell us what the best side is for this cruise sailing from Buenos Aires. And has anyone information on what the best cabins are (size and layout) on vista or penthouse dek. We would really appreciate all the information you have. Greetings from holland Geertje

Port or starboard makes no difference because when you're sailing, you're too far from land to see anything, and when you're in port, there's no way of telling how the captain will be pulling into the dock---one time the port side will face land and the next time it might be facing water.

Best cabins in terms of what? That's a very broad question to ask. Some might think the inside cabins are the best and others like the sky suites. The "best" cabins are the penthouse suites on the Penthouse deck, followed by the Royal Suites, Celebrity Suites, Sky Suites and Concierge Suites also on the Penthouse deck. I would suggest you either get a Celebrity brochure from a local travel agent or take a look at Celebrity's website and see what cabins attract you. For the most part, all other cabins are about equal in everything including size (170 sq.ft.) and amenities.

We sailed from Buenos Aires around the horn. If this is your voyage, the Starboard side of the ship will afford you views of the glaciers and you will see land most of the time while sailing. We had a nice starboard cabin on deck 8 and really enjoyed it. We were mid ship.8086.

If you want a little larger balcony go for 8146, but the room will be a little smaller. The best cabins IMO would be the aft balcony rooms. We will be sailing in 8166 in Jan, and it is a really nice cabin.

On Vista deck again, I would select starboard side.

Grace

Grace

We took the cruise in Feb. and had a cabin on the Starboard side which lets you see a lot of land. If you are able to get one of the aft cabins they will have larger balconies. You will enjoy the cruise and see a lot of beautiful scenery.

Don

We have done the trip twice.........once each way. I do not remember which side of the ship we were on, however you are not far at sea, and it is beautiful. Going through the Beagle channel, the inland route in Chile. Enjoy, no matter where you are, it is great.

BA to Valp starboard is definately best. We did the cruise on a different line in opposite direction & therefor picked a port side cabin. Having said that you do need to spend as much time as possible on deck especially Beagle channel, Chilean fjords areas. For Cape Horn the ships go one way then turn & come back otherway, but still be on deck! forget balcony's not worth it down there in my opinion

BA to Valp starboard is definately best. We did the cruise on a different line in opposite direction & therefor picked a port side cabin. Having said that you do need to spend as much time as possible on deck especially Beagle channel, Chilean fjords areas. For Cape Horn the ships go one way then turn & come back otherway, but still be on deck!

forget balcony's not worth it down there in my opinion

:eek:

How can you say that a balcony isn't worth it? We sailed on the Amsterdam from Santiago to Rio. Had a port cabin. Don't know if we saw more on the port side, but it seemed the logical side of the ship.

I loved my balcony. I had a front row seat any time of the day or night.

Even on the colder days at sea I would dress warm and wrap up in a blanket and lie on the lounge chair and read or watch the empty sky and sea. You are so far from civilization that you are amazed to see an albatross. I could go on and on. It is an amazing trip!

Sorry to disagree with you, but it's just my opinion.:)

We love balconies too. It is great to be able to step out in your robe and drink coffee or take pictures when close to land etc.

We will be on a Starboard balcony on Jan 22 from BA to Valparaiso.

Archived