terrible cabin steward!

snyders91

JenSTX...

I'm kinda wondering too... why do some problems merit an apology and compensation, when other problems, just as valid, are virtually ignored. I'm not at all resentful that Carnival treated the OP nicely...just curious if Carnival simply 'makes up the rules as they go' and have no precedent for how they handle specific problems.

We began our cruise with an impaired propulsion system, yet Carnival failed to let the passengers in on that little secret until we were already captured and in the middle of the Gulf of Alaska. Sneaky??? Guess they didn't want a mass exodus prior to sailing... But that's simply not good business. We missed a port, were quite late for another, disappointed, yes, but nevermind the ports... the kicker on our Alaskan vacation? Our ship skipped our day of glacier viewing... and after all, why do most people choose an expensive Alaskan cruise itinerary to begin with??? I've seen postings where others got refunds, discount cruises, apologies... etc for far less.

I'm GLAD Carnival played nice by the OP. It proves they can. We only found a candy wrapper under our bed while searching for my lost earring. No luck...so someone will be finding my lost earring in our cabin;).

Archived