terrible cabin steward!

snyders91

Ok Mr. Woodhead,

I have just about heard it all. How dare you bash these people who spent their hard earned money on a cruise to witness utter disgust and a smart mouthed room steward! Just because they have only a few postings does not even come into play in this situation. I am leaving Sat. and will be in a Cat 12 suite.( 1st time cruise) I have been watching these boards to learn all I can before I go to make the most of my much needed vacation. I would not have been so nice to that room steward. I would have raised cane!!! But-understandable that this family did utilize the proper channels.

And Mr. Woodman... learn how to spell Orlando...your home town!!!

LMAO. What a great post!

Yuck! and EWWWWWWWww not fun and the attitude of the steward stank. I am so happy you had a great vacation other than him.

A lot of people lurk on the boards and do not post. A small number of posts, imo, does not invalidate a complaint. If the poster has a balanced and fair view of the overall experience and I find them believeable then a complaint does not a troll make.

Ok Mr. Woodhead,

I have just about heard it all. How dare you bash these people who spent their hard earned money on a cruise to witness utter disgust and a smart mouthed room steward! Just because they have only a few postings does not even come into play in this situation. I am leaving Sat. and will be in a Cat 12 suite.( 1st time cruise) I have been watching these boards to learn all I can before I go to make the most of my much needed vacation. I would not have been so nice to that room steward. I would have raised cane!!! But-understandable that this family did utilize the proper channels.

And Mr. Woodman... learn how to spell Orlando...your home town!!!

Agreed! Just because you don't have 5000+ posts doesn't mean you don't have something worthy to say. Everyone is a first-time-poster at some point. I understand getting tough skin to put up with some rude comments on this board -- but it does get to be a bit ridiculous. Sometimes it seems that unless you're part of the good 'ol boys club on this board, you should just keep your mouth shut. I myself want to hear comments from everyone, whether it's their first post or not! That's why I read the boards. Do you ever notice that a lot of times when someone posts something nasty -- you never hear from them again on the thread???

Michelle

I'm sorry that happen to you, not every cruise is like that. Has anyone every noticed (or is it just me) that when we gave envelopes the night before the last day that the people that wait on you are not as nice once they got their money? Especially if you didn't put something extra in the envelope. I've always wondered that.

Snyders91,

Will you please tell me about your debarkation? Was it quick and easy? Did you take any excursions while in port? How was the food on board? We leave in a week and this will be our second cruise. We are so excited. Our cabin is also on the Main deck. Hopefully they got rid of your room steward.

Thanks

OP,

I hope your steward got no tip from you. You handled it with great restraint. If I had found those items, the entire ship would have had heard about it! I also would have demanded a cabin change or a new steward!

As a new poster welcome aboard--your posts are valued.:)

Guess we'll ALL be checking under the beds now.

OP,

That's not good, especially picking the forementioned items with his bare hands. Hope he didn't fill someone else's ice bucket immediately after:eek: Thank you for sharing this with us, it taught me something as well:)

YCUKITY, YUCK, YUCK! I did not even think about that.. Oh my goodness... yuck!

I need all the tips I can get but I don't understand that one. I'm probably dense, no wait I AM dense but why does it matter where you put purchases?

There have been some prior posts about items taken/stolen from cabins. Tips have been to lock small items in the safe, or larger items in a locked suitcase. Remember, you are on a "small city" - don't assume that it is crime-free.

For answering the question posted by Cathyoo. I will definitely be a little more concerned about safety and security on my upcoming cruise. I am not even thinking about taking any expensive jewerly. If I buy any expensive items, I think I will have them shipped home with insurance. Anyone done this? In any case, having fun and not sweating the small stuff will be my top priority!

A lot of people store their suitcases under the bed. I'd just die if I pulled it out after a week & found THAT stuck to it. Or worse, stuck to the bottom of your shoe & everybody you pass on the ship laughing & pointing at you as you take it for a walk.:D

For answering the question posted by Cathyoo. I will definitely be a little more concerned about safety and security on my upcoming cruise. I am not even thinking about taking any expensive jewerly. If I buy any expensive items, I think I will have them shipped home with insurance. Anyone done this? In any case, having fun and not sweating the small stuff will be my top priority!

I leave all of my expensive items and heirlooms at home.....just use costume jewelry and the like.

Have also heard of people wearing their diamond rings that they wear all the time into the gulf and come out missing diamonds due to the cleaning process of the salt water. That usually means that their diamonds were getting ready to fall out anyway due to loose prongs, etc. Better safe than sorry, huh?

thank you Mrs Boo and McGore83, I was actually thinking the opposite. Leave your purchases in plain view so you don't forget them ;-}. My only purchases are cheap souveniers so I guess that's one less thing for me to worry about.

WarEagle1990, embarking was a breeze they got you through the line quickly then they when they called your group you could board the ship after going through x-ray and photo's.

Shore excursions Grand Cayman:

We did the Hell,Sea turtle Farm, and stingray swim. Not really much in Hell pretty much waste of time other then to mail a postcard that would be postmrked from hell or buy t-shirt i've been to hell and back.

Sea turtle Farm was neat there were alot of turtles all sizes and had an area you could handle them in.

Stingray swim was the best part! alot of fun and they were really gentle animals. You just have to get over the idea your with STINGRAY's.If I did it again i'd do the stingray swim and skip the others in my opinion.Your not in grand cayman all that long either and the island was hit hard by the hurricanes. Our tour guide said that the governor's mansion used to real pretty with all the flowers and trees and they would hold alot of parties there. and you could not see it from the street and now you can look right on up to mansion bare tree's the few that are left and no flowers.

Cozumel we did the xcarat and dolphin swim.The park was real good and the dolphin swim was alot of fun a must do! My problem with this one was we booked all excursions through carnival and we had to take a boat to play del carma. well in the description of the excursion it said we would be there for 7 hours and i don't think we were there 4 hours tops.Also while at xcarat we did the underground river swim.I'd pass myself on this if we went again. The river is very long and no current so you get a good workout. the scenery was nice and fish were very scarce.There were place along the river you could get out and walk if you didn't want to continue but our kids were so far ahead of us so we couldn't let them know to get out.

took the boat back to cozumel and shopped. alot of fun here and would consider maybe just taking a flight and staying there for a week.

Disembarking:

I thought it was hectic. they will let you disembark earlier if you can carry all your luggage with no help. or you can do the relaxed disembarking which we did and thought this was far from relaxed. They tell you to wait on the lido deck or the prominade decks till they tell you that you can start diembarking. and once you get the ok it's a free for all for the stairs and elevators to get to the area your luggage is at. thought it would have been easier if you were told to maybe stay in your cabin and be dismissed by either floor or sections of each floor.

hope this helps. feels free to e-mail me if you want to know anything more

I was wondering the same thing as Cathy. What about leaving purchases in plain sight? I don't remember if I did or didn't, but would like to know what the difference is. Did yours become missing? Surely the stewart didn't take them, as he would be the first I assume took them. I've seen other passenger doors left open during cleaning with no one around and thought WOW glad that isn't my cabin!!! I would just hope other guests are as honest as I. My husband says I'm toooo gullible.

Anyway, hope no one comes across the bad cabin stewart with the nasty attitude.

Happy Sailing!!!

UGH!!! Sorry you had such a yucky experience...I don't think I would have handled myself as well as you did...especially after hearing the steward's response!

I'm glad you got at least a lil something from Carnival out of it.

I see we are neighbors. I am from Salisbury. No, I have not had anything stolen, however, I was reading a thread on the RCCL thread. A couple had some money and jewerly stolen from their cabin. That's why I am posting here. They suspect the items were taken by the cabin steward. I have always left our purchases in plain view on the chair or in the closet, but for now on, I will put them in the safe or ship them home (exception-trinkets). Happy cruising, Cathye

The rest of the cruis the room is kept clean except for any drinking glasses we brought back to the room at night( and not the souvenire ones) were left on our desk the entire time until we put them in the hallway.Iwould have thought they would have been removed whenever they cleaned.

call carnival's customer service and told them about what happened they said that's not how they want things done and for our troubles they would send us 4--$25.00 certificates good for on ship purchases good for next 18months.

Our last cruise our cabin steward also did this, unless we took the glass out in the hall way it would stay in the room. We would have coffee brought to the room in the mornings and that would be removed but not the drink glasses.We were having such a good time I did not really think about it until now. Is that some kind of policy they have? Other than that he was great, would get what ever we needed, when we asked for it, no complaining.

You said "for our troubles they would send us 4--$25.00 certificates good for on ship purchases good for next 18months."

OMG That FREAKING pisses me OFF! My cabin was ROBBED by OUR steward (and NO, I didn't have a video camera but when you know - you know) and I have a 300+ or something like that thread about my many letters, etc. sent to CCL and how they not only searched our cabin & stuff but US too and we lost our entire formal night......:mad:

And you know what I got?:confused:

The SAME 45 day letter that they send to people who complain AND praise the ship that was a computer generated form letter that can fit either situation.:mad: :mad: :mad:

And YOU get 4 - $25 coupons for not having your room cleaned.

Some people have such good customer service and really get treated like GOLD and then this just really rubs me raw.

SORRY. But after my hell - you are one LUCKY family to have gotten the certificates.

Man, this really infuriates me.

Archived