Red Roof Inn...Miami Airport

camper49

Springhill Suites Miami Airport South is $179 + tax for the night we need (1/17/14). It does include shuttle from airport, but I don't see anything listed for cruiseport.

We did not stay here but did check it out as a possibility. At the time, they offered a shuttle to the port , but not a return. The port is only 3 miles from the hotel so I imagine that a taxi would be quick and inexpensive. Also, they offered free shuttle service to the Bayside and surrounding areas. This was kind of a nice perk to be able to head over to Bayside for dinner and shopping.

It seemed like a pretty good deal in terms of a cruise pkg. Airport shuttle, shuttle to the port, area shuttle and free hot breakfast. We ended up finding a better flight into FLL so did not book here but would certainly try it if we flew into and sailed from Miami again.

We did not stay here but did check it out as a possibility. At the time, they offered a shuttle to the port , but not a return. The port is only 3 miles from the hotel so I imagine that a taxi would be quick and inexpensive. Also, they offered free shuttle service to the Bayside and surrounding areas. This was kind of a nice perk to be able to head over to Bayside for dinner and shopping.

Never assume that because it is only three miles that it is a quick trip. Miami had no urban planning so the infrastructure is horrendous.

Wow !

My husband has to drive five miles down US 1 in the morning and it takes him an hour.

Next time you are downtown Miami, look at all the high rises going up and no new roads and no way to widen the existing roads.

25-30 condo towers are either in the process of being built or are approved to be built right now.