Ocean Princess - Great Britain - Port Shuttles

mkcruise

We are headed out on the 14th of August, and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience in terms of Princess provided shuttles at the various ports - Guernsey, Dartmouth, Waterford, Dublin and Edinburgh (Rosyth). It looks like Princess shuttles you from the ship to the train station at Rosyth, but at some of the places like Waterford and Dublin, it looks like the tender or the ship docks a bit far from the city center.

I did the British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess last year. It had a different itinerary but I did go into Dublin and recall there was a Princess shuttle but this did have to be paid for, this could be done on disembarking the ship at the dock. I notice you mention Waterford as one of your ports of call. IF the ship tenders at Dunmore East can I suggest you spend some time in that village. It is a gorgeous place with a traditional Irish seaside feeling. The pubs are authentic, friendly places.

We are taking the cruise before you on Ocean Princess, next Tuesday. From my research.

Guernsey. Tender port so no need for shuttle.

Dartmouth. Moored in the river and tendered to river dock.

Waterford. Docked in Dunmore East. Don't know cost or supplier of shuttle.

Dublin. Princess charges $16.00 return for shuttle to city centre.

Edinburgh. Should be a shuttle to Inverkeithing station but I can't find out the cost.

I have 250 minutes of internet usage so may try to post here during the cruise. I can also use 3G on my phone when in the UK. Would love to do a 'Live From' thread if I can manage it.

Corinne

PS. Sorry. Just realised your ports of call are slightly different to ours. Milford Haven is likely to need a shuttle as it is a very industrial area.

We are taking the cruise before you on Ocean Princess, next Tuesday. From my research.

Guernsey. Tender port so no need for shuttle.

Dartmouth. Moored in the river and tendered to river dock.

Waterford. Docked in Dunmore East. Don't know cost or supplier of shuttle.

Dublin. Princess charges $16.00 return for shuttle to city centre.

Edinburgh. Should be a shuttle to Inverkeithing station but I can't find out the cost.

I have 250 minutes of internet usage so may try to post here during the cruise. I can also use 3G on my phone when in the UK. Would love to do a 'Live From' thread if I can manage it.

Corinne

PS. Sorry. Just realised your ports of call are slightly different to ours. Milford Haven is likely to need a shuttle as it is a very industrial area.

Whatever updates and info you can provide would be great - just trying to stretch my options in planning for each port. We arrive in London on the 10th, and will have internet pending boarding the ship in Dover. Even though there is a slight difference in the ports, I would also be interested on your tender wait time experience - we were on the Pacific Princess in 2012 on the Holy Land cruise, and even though we had no priority tender access, they seemed pretty quick and you were usually in the port within an hour of the start of the tender process.

I remember your name from a posting regarding the steam train in Dartmouth - I think our time in port, which may be different from yours, makes the round robin a little too tight unless you do it through the cruise, which is about 3 times the cost from what I can figure.

I hope you have some good weather so you can fully enjoy all your stops.

Mark

Archived