getting around Miami & to the port

bren1422

We are sailing on Carnival Breeze at the end of August and need advice on the best way to travel with 6 people from FLL to the Holiday Inn - Biscayne, downtown Miami.

Also looking for the best things to do with two 12 year old boys in Miami as we'll have a full day to play before we sail.

Finally, since our hotel does not offer a shuttle to the port, should we just take a taxi, walk (is it walking distance)...suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

search over on the florida boards section for shuttle service from fll to Miami........lots of info there.......look to see if Marlins are in town the time you are there and maybe catch a baseball game.......should be able to grab some seats off stubhub pretty cheap......I would say cab over to port as it would be a very long walk with a lot of congestion.

We are sailing on Carnival Breeze at the end of August and need advice on the best way to travel with 6 people from FLL to the Holiday Inn - Biscayne, downtown Miami.

I would highly recommend SAS transportation....$13 per person from FLL to Holiday inn.

Also looking for the best things to do with two 12 year old boys in Miami as we'll have a full day to play before we sail.

Lots of fun things to do at park/shopping area right across the street from HI......also free train around Miami area.....boat tours of Miami....South Beach

Finally, since our hotel does not offer a shuttle to the port, should we just take a taxi, walk (is it walking distance)...suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Take a taxi or two.....you dont want to walk over the bridge to port....to much traffic

We had a extra full day between two cruises and we took the city bus for $2 to South Beach and enjoyed it. Just happened to be Halloween so was extra fun. We didnt know if the bus ran as often later at night, so we came home when the sun went down.

I agree with Marshalltp use Sas transportation Bayside shopping area is right across the street from where you are staying. Take taxi to port if I remember right cost us 15 with tip.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bayside Marketplace is right across the street from HI-POM.

Here's their website: http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Look under Dining and Entertainment. They have boat tours...Pirate Ship and Sightseeing, for example. Plus lots of places to eat.

I agree about using SAS: www.ridesas.com

Also, taxi to the port. It would be a long, tiring walk...if they even allow foot traffic on the bridge (I don't know if they do or not).

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices.

Taxi from the Holiday Inn to POM should be about $10-12+tip for the very short trip (you can see the port from some rooms in your hotel :D). Good luck! :)

While you could walk to the port I would not do it. My wife and I do it but not on embarkation days just for the exercise but with luggage I would not do it although a few people do.

It is about a 1.2 mile walk.

Drive is around 10 minutes because of traffic and as JohninDC said around $10.00 to $12.00 before tip.

Keith

Archived