Private Touring by HAL

boulders

Has anyone tried the private touring shore excursion arranged by HAL? Did you like it? Would you do it again?

Normally, I would see about arranging private tours on my own, but there isn't a lot available in South America. We're a family of 4 and the private touring option would give us our own minivan with driver and guide for a little more than 4 seats on a HAL shore excursion would.

No, but we were in South America last year with HAL and I set up over 12 days of private touring. If you tell me the ports I may be able to recommend some private guides if you want to go that route. They averaged $75.00 per person per day with one tour only costing $50.00 including lunch. It depends on the ports.

You can also try the South America board on Cruise Critic..

I believe having HAL send you a driver and guide will cost over a $1,000.00 and that doesn't include entrance fees or lunch.

I also have a list of tour guides from the ports we have visited in South America and would be more than happy to share them with you if you will send me your ports. We were very much pleased with each tour guide we have used there.

My email is jegk1@comcast.net.

I also wonder if Jade13 might have any guide's names to share with me for our upcoming HA Maasdam cruise departing Fort Lauderdale on January 27 '13? Our ports are to be St. Maartin (we are looking actually for a guide for Saba), St. Kitts (we are looking for a Nevis guide), St. Vincent, Martinque, and St. Croix.

Thanks.

I also have a list of tour guides from the ports we have visited in South America and would be more than happy to share them with you if you will send me your ports. We were very much pleased with each tour guide we have used there.

My email is jegk1@comcast.net.

I also wonder if Jade13 might have any guide's names to share with me for our upcoming HA Maasdam cruise departing Fort Lauderdale on January 27 '13? Our ports are to be St. Maartin (we are looking actually for a guide for Saba), St. Kitts (we are looking for a Nevis guide), St. Vincent, Martinque, and St. Croix.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry I can't help you in the Caribbean as we haven't been to any of those ports. We tend to travel to more exotic locations such as Asia and Africa, and left Veendam for 4 days to go to Machu Picchu. But you should go to the ports of call boards as they have been very helpful. Other recommendations can be found on trip advisor.

Has anyone tried the private touring shore excursion arranged by HAL? Did you like it? Would you do it again?

Normally, I would see about arranging private tours on my own, but there isn't a lot available in South America. We're a family of 4 and the private touring option would give us our own minivan with driver and guide for a little more than 4 seats on a HAL shore excursion would.

Like Jade13 we tend to book private too. However, I do know a couple of fellow cruisers who did this (it was very expensive) and they were pleased.

Archived